Before and After Belltech pics inside.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Before and After Belltech pics inside.

Those rear hangers were rough.

Old 12-30-2002, 05:15 PM
Looks awsome Dave !!! You've got to be happy now!!! Get a swaybar kit and you'll be conering like a Mo.Fo. (p.s. how much hair did you pull out and how much skin was left on the frame ?) .... hehh....hehh..

Old 12-30-2002, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the compliments!

Didn't leave much skin, but I left a bunch of cuss words. lol

Man those rivets are there to stay. Even with a air hammer, I like to have never got those things out. Spent more time on those rivets than I did doing the whole kit.

One other beef is that belltech's instructions say to torque those hanger bolts to 125lbs. The first one I tried stripped out. I had to torque them to 100 or else they would strip.

I still haven't put the rear shocks on yet, but they are next. I am getting the front end aligned tomorrow morning.

Old 12-30-2002, 08:42 PM
WOW they stripped!?!?!?! that sounds weird...the shocks suck major azz too...that top bolt is a bear! you might want the shop to do it for 50 bucks when you get your alignment....

Old 12-30-2002, 09:07 PM
Thumbs up Drop Me

how much drop was that docdave22? It looks great !!! Heres to ou and your truck.

Old 12-30-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by docdave22
I am getting the front end aligned tomorrow morning.
I put a belltech 3/4 on my 2000 F150. I know what you mean about the rivets. I did not have any trouble going to 125lbs with mine. I would let them know. Maybe they would even like to get the stripped fastener back to analyze the failure. Could be a big liability. Might be a bad batch of fasteners, heat treat or poor source of fasteners?

Anyway, did your kit come with the alignment pieces for the camber adjustment? Mine did not, it was another $50. Not really a huge deal, but what p'd me off was that their was no reference to these parts or "extra kit" in the catalog or the instructions. I wish I had known, it would have been a whole lot easier while I had it apart to change the front coils initially. I had to take it back half way apart or so it seemed like to install these after the rest was done. Just wondering.
Darin

Old 12-31-2002, 06:34 AM
No mine did not have any reference to the alignment kit. I just happend to see it listed on a website under the kit earlier.

Quick Reply: Before and After Belltech pics inside.