SuperCrew

Rear Sliding Window *leak*

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Sliding Window *leak*

**CHECK YOURE WINDOW FOR LEAKS' BEFOR IT'S TO LATE **
MANUAL OR POWER WINDOW'S

I HAVE A 2002 F-150 SUPER CREW W/POWER SLIDING REAR WINDOW THE TRUCK IS 6months. OLD AND WHEN I WASH IT I GET ALOT OF WATER INSIDE THE DEALER RE-SEADED IT AND STILL LEAKED NOW THEY PUT IN A NEW WINDOW ASSY AND STILL LEAKS WHAT TO DO AND HAS ANYONE CHECKED FOR THE SAME LEAK NO HI-PRESSURE JUST A GARDENHOSE @ THEW END OF THE BED AND THEN STICK YOURE FINGER IN THE TRACK

Old 12-10-2002, 11:11 PM
The sliders in both the '97 and '98 I had leaked from the factory. Under a steady rain or after a wash, there would be drips from the top frame. Both were replaced and never leaked again. The slider in my '01 was fine, so I figured they fixed whatever quality problem they had. The slider was accidentally left out of my '03 order... so haven't had any problems with the big plain solid glass. If I were you, I would try having it replaced by another dealer. (The trick I learned here in Raleigh is to go to the Lincoln/Mercury dealer - work quality has been much better than Ford.)

Good luck,
jC.

Old 12-11-2002, 10:40 AM
I am taking my 2002 FX4 in this Friday to the dealer. It has not leaked yet but I noticed that the seal has come loose around the top edge. I have 12300 miles on it and it looks as if the seal has shrunk around the window.

Old 12-11-2002, 06:23 PM
you can stretch the seal yourself i did after they put in my nice new leaking window the seal had a 1" gap @ the bottom so i fixed it but HAVE THEM WATER TEST IT !! BETTER YET DO IT YOURSELF . GOOD LUCK

Quick Reply: Rear Sliding Window *leak*