SuperCrew

2002 Screw Xlt Seat Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2002 Screw Xlt Seat Problem

traded my 1996 Ranger xlt for a 2002 Screw XLT last week. Love the truck and extra room. However, the seat is horrible!! I can hardly walk after riding in the thing for a week. I have moved the seat forward and back and adjusted that lumbar thing to the point of developing carpal tunnel ( SP)! My question, is it possible to change the 60/40 seat with captians chairs and console?? If so
do any of you guys ( or Girls) have a contact?? I know it could be expensive and I hate to spend money on a new truck for a seat but I do not see any option. The seat is manual not electric. Love the look of the truck and like the power of the 5.4 but if I can't walk when I get out of the thing. One of us has got to go...Won't be me! Help!!

Old 11-29-2002, 11:52 PM
I don't have the answers you are looking for, although I have heard of this being done. But I can say that I find the Captains Chairs to be very comfortable and the large center console to be MUCH more comfortable.

Personally, I would call the guys at www.FordPartsOnline.com on the phone and chat with them about it. Everyone I have ever talked to there has been EXTREMELY knowledgeable about Ford parts and their service has always been 100% for me.

I know that a complete Console will run about $400 purchased aftermarket, the seats are about $350 each. You might be better off talking to a local salvage yard or body shop about finding you a totaled F-150 in the color of yours and having them buy it for parts and selling you the seats/console.... you'd have to convince them they need the rest of the truck though. Or contact a used auto place.

Also, might try a conversion shop and see if they have some take-outs from a conversion they have done?

Hope that helps.

Old 11-30-2002, 10:49 PM
Phil, thanks for the reply. I am new to this site and the Supercrew. I know a little late for that but this seat thing is really bothering me. Again, thanks for the reply and the information.

JE

Old 12-01-2002, 12:40 AM
Captains Chairs

My Dad and I both have SuperCrew 4x4, then only difference is that my has the Captains Chairs and he has the 40/60 split-bench. We both notice how uncomfortable the 40/60 is, and he too is in search of captains chairs. And yes, it is compatible. We also went to junkyards, and they told us that insurance companys try there best not to total the SuperCrews b/c they are still new. They said it cost to much for them to total it. We called up the Ford dealers and they said it would cost 450 for each seat. Also keep in mind when you do make the transition that your losing the back two cup holders if that means any significance to you. When the trucks come equipt with the captains chairs the back bench comes with an arm rest that has cup holders available. Hopefully this help you in your search for the seats. If I happen to find some bucket seat, I'll be sure to run it by you. Good luck.

Old 12-01-2002, 01:48 AM
Smile EXCUE...Check this eBay auction...

you might check this out and see if it helps...came across it tonight after reading your post...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1873599079

Old 12-03-2002, 01:11 AM
excue,
Ford must have changed the seats for the "03's. I just bought an '03 S'crew with the 60/40's, and they are extremely comfortable, but maybe I should head back to the dealership and take a ride in one w/ the Capt.s chairs. Hell, I'd buy new seats if they were that much better.

Old 12-06-2002, 11:43 PM
Snappylips, I have not sat in a 2003. I had this problem when I bought my last truck (1996). after I got that one worked out I made a vow, "I will never buy another vehicle without electric seats!" So much for the vow, I got caught up in the good deal craze sticker was $29295.00 I pushed it to $18900.00 at 4.75% interest. I bought the screw for exactly $22.00 a month more than I paid for an extended cab 4cyl. standard ranger in 1996.

Srry for being long winded. To sum up, I am to the point of taking your advice. If I can find the seats I will buy them.

If anyone has a set of captains chairs and console in tan they wish to part with let me know..

Thanks,

ezcue

Quick Reply: 2002 Screw Xlt Seat Problem