SuperCrew

Christmas present to me

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Christmas present to me

:help: Thinking of trading in my Supercab for a Crewcab ,always read but don't comment much.Enjoy reading different opinions.Looking for any advice some present owners might have that have made a similar change to the Crewcab.Love my truck but I'm trying to trade every two years and this time try the Crewcab.Will look at XLT with the 5.4.Two tone paint,off road pkg.and add my own accesseries after such as nerf bars,tonneau cover bug shield etc etc.One thing I know I don't want is the tires it comes with.Had them switch tires to all terain t/a's last time and there was no comparison.My present truck has 43,000.Any ballpark figures on what I'll be spending?Any comments appreciated.

Old 11-30-2002, 11:22 AM
I traded in a '00 4x4 Super Cab, I hated to let that truck go since it gave zero problems but with a young son and cramped rear seating, I needed more room and easier access to it. The Super Crew is so much nicer on the inside that it makes up for the occasional issues I've had with mine.

If you're going to get a 4x4 with a ORP, go with the FX4 package and if you're currenty driving a '00, then you could probably expect to pay more becasue of the bigger interior and since trade in values are at an all time low.

I traded my mint condition '00 Super Cab, with equity, in on my brand new '01 KR 4x4 Screw, got the new KR Screw for $1100 below invoice and still had to finance almost $32K for 5 years at 2.9%, go figure. I got a great deal on the new '01 KR, but not so great on my '00 super cab. Welcome to the active side of the forums and good luck with your purchase. If you want to see the best of what Ford has to offer for interior in a Screw, check out the King Ranch edition. I'm warning you though, it's addictive...

~DM~

Last edited by DAVEMAN; 11-30-2002 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2002, 03:13 PM
Started Search

What is the difference between the KR and the Lariat.Just left the dealer{just looking}and he had some Lariats but they had the smaller engine not the 5.4.They have the truck I'd be looking for but not in the color.It would be my third black F-150.Love the look when it's clean but time for a change unless they want it off their lot for a great price.MSRP for it was 34,000 with the options.My present truck has the 3.55 axle what difference will it make if new truck has the 3.73.I've sold the snowmobiles and the boat stays in a slip so I don't tow anything right now.Might go test drive one tomorrow.Thanks for reply.

Old 11-30-2002, 07:55 PM
I went from a SC to a SCrew also. Haven't regretted it yet, although it has only been 2 months. I went with a used '01 cause it was in mint condition and the price was right. Payments still went up, but I think it is worth it so far. The back seat room is great, plus I went from an XLT to a Lariat. Lot more nice options plus leather power seats.

I say go for it, if it is what you would like. Plus, you won't have any door crack issues, and the whole side of the cab won't pulsate in and out when you shut the door. (The absence of a B pillar on the SC's makes the doors a little "unsubstantial")

I loved my '99 SC....but I think I love my SCrew even more

Old 11-30-2002, 09:19 PM
I love the fact that the screw sits 6 people fairly comfortably. I went to lunc with four adults and two kids and we all fit very well.

If you are going to dirve a truck and you want a back seat the screw is the only way to go....

Old 12-03-2002, 07:36 PM
The games begin

Just left dealer after test driving truck.Loved truck as expected.They naturally tried to sell me truck off lot but it was of course black the color I,m trying to stay away from.They low balled me on trade in {16,000 for my 2000xlt,off road pkg,43,000 miles excellent condition,nerf bars ,tonneau,bug shield,cd changer bed mat etc etc.}but appeared to give good price on truck that listed for 34,000 and would let it go for 29,500.Told him to look for truck in color I wanted and price it out as I wanted it and call me.Any opinions on True Blue Metallic?I hope to pull trigger before christmas.

Old 12-03-2002, 08:47 PM
on a 34000 sticker 29500 is about the best price that are going to get, the dealer may! be making 1-200$ of that sale, they are probably more interested in making money off of your trade. I work at a dealer and goth the best price that anyone can get they just screwed me on the trade, watch out
as for the add-ons they never take those into account and they dont improve the value of your truck in the dealers eyes

Trending Topics

Old 12-03-2002, 09:03 PM

Is about what the x-plan price should be, some of the dealers will have a couple of x-plan pins to give away, see what you can get on the street for your trade, check the net and see what a comparable vehicle is going for.

Old 12-03-2002, 10:20 PM
That is a very good price on the new truck you are looking at.Two months ago, I was shopping and I can get X-plan pricing. If memory serves, a SCrew XLT that listed for around $34700 I could get for ~$30475 with the X-plan. So, If you are under $30k, that is pretty good.

Old 12-03-2002, 10:58 PM
Hey Rebel,
Are you planning on aftermarket rim's or keeping the stocker's on ? No reason just wondering. Trying to decide myself if I want to do it or not. I love the look of my Screw with the 285/70/17's on it so it would just be a rim upgrade to A/R Atlas,Python,Slider or Baja. Not sure though which would look the best or if I'll stay stock.

Old 12-03-2002, 11:42 PM
The King Ranch edition has a "raw hide" type of leather. I refer to it as "ball glove leather" as it feels like the leather you would get from a baseball glove. It is SWEET!!! A KR also has special wheels and a few other features. Check it out and you won't want anything else!!!! The Lariat has "regular leather like any other type of car or truck. Both offer the "automatic" thermostat that you can't get in an XLT. Good luck with your purchase!

Old 12-04-2002, 12:14 AM
Blackson,
I just bought my second Screw.(03) The first was an 01. My new truck XLT 4x4 stickered for $35745.00. I did not buy the FX4 package for 2 reason's. 1. They did'nt make Dark Shadow Gray in an XLT with the FX4 package. 2. The offroad pack is kind of a rip off when you can order all the other item's seperatly and get an 1100.00 discount here in my region.Only thing's it won't have is the FX rim's & FX decal. With the rebate of 2000.00 , Supercrew tuff truck discount 1100.00 ,and a 4050.00 dealer discount I got a total of 7150.00 off the sticker when all was said & done. My truck is totally loaded , even with moonroof. My 01 had 40,000 mile's on it and they gave me 20,000.00 for it. My last few truck's were also black and I wanted something a little easier to take care of so I opted for the DSG. I love this color. I also pay my truck off in 2 year's and trade them off. My 01 was paid off so I went for a new one. You will love the crew cab . It's the cat's *** as far as I am concerned.I'm hooked on these truck's. The Lariat pkg & KR package are great too. The only reason I did'nt go that route is because I don't like leather at all.( Just my opinion.)

Good luck on your search & make sure YOU get what YOU WANT !
Don't let the dealer talk you into getting something you will not be happy with in a few month's.

~Fall~

Old 12-04-2002, 07:05 PM
The phone call !

Dealer called with price for ordering the truck I want in the color I pick out.Found a true blue metallic truck at another dealer and don't like the color.They do however have two trucks on their lot that are equipped as I would order in Black and in Silver.The silver doesn't look bad and Black I always liked.Just wondering how much they would be willing to budge to get rid of one prior to Xmas.The other dealer is at 12,900 over the phone with my truck.I'd do it for 1,500 less as I still think there is room with my trade.Fun ,fun fun????Going to approach dealer with those two trucks and see what they can do vs ordering from other guy.Thanks for letting me vent and think at same time.

Old 12-04-2002, 10:11 PM
2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4X4 Styleside 5-1/2' - XLT
See Colors and 360° Vehicle Views
Your Dealer: Your VIN: 1FTRW08L43KA64362
Pundmann Motor Co
2727 W Clay, St Charles, MO 63301

Exterior Color/Interior Trim: Engine: 5.4L EFI V8

Ext: Silver Met Transmission: 4-Spd Auto w/ O/D

Int: Dk Graphite Your X-Plan Price*: $29,970.96

- 4.6L EFI V8 Engine
- 4-Speed Automatic Overdrive Transmission
- Electronic Shift-on-the-Fly 4X4 System (4X4 Only)

- Power Windows ("One-Touch-Down" Driver Side) and Power Door Locks
- Chrome Front and Rear Bumpers
- Fog Lamps (Standard on 4X4 Only)
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Body Color Cap Power Mirrors
- Body Color Door Moldings (Styleside Only)
- Pickup Box Rail/Tailgate Moldings
- Body Color Wheel Lip Moldings (4X4) (Available w/ Monotone Paint Only)
- Removable, Lockable Tailgate
- Front Tow Hooks (4X4 Only)
- Trailer Tow Wiring, 4-Pin Connector
- Fixed Rear Glass and Privacy Glass

- 16" Polished Aluminum Wheels
- P255/70Rx16SL OWL All-Season Tires
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Power Steering

- Front Cloth 40/60 Split Bench Seat with Recliners
- Rear Cloth 40/60 Split Bench Seat with Fold-Flat Feature
- AM/FM Stereo with Single CD and 4 Speakers
- Air Conditioning
- Color-Coordinated, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Speed Control/Tilt Wheel
- Tachometer
- Power Adjustable Brake/Accelerator Pedals
- Overhead Console with Compass, Outside Temperature, and Storage
- Power Points - One Instrument Panel Mounted, One in Rear Compartment
- Dual Second Generation Front Airbags
- SecuriLockTM Passive Anti-Theft System

Total Base MSRP: $30,795.00

Special Packages:
- Convenience Group
- Class III Trailer Towing Group
Engine:
- 5.4L EFI V8
Transmission:
- 4-Speed Automatic Transmission with Overdrive
Rear Axle Ratios:
- 3.73 Axle Ratio, Limited Slip Rear
Tires:
- P265/70R17 OWL All-Terrain Tires (4X4)
Seats:
- 40/60 Split Bench with Driver/Passenger Lumbar
Rear Seat:
- Fold Down 40/60 Split Bench with Head Restraints
Radio:
- AM/FM Stereo/Clock/6-CD In-Dash
Options/Upgrades:
- Air Conditioning
- Chrome Tubular Running Boards
- Color-Coordinated Carpeting
- 4X4 Electric Shift-on-the-Fly
- Fog Lamps
- Power Moonroof
- Power Adjustable Pedals
- Pickup Bed Extender
- Speed Control/Tilt Steering Wheel
- Tow Hooks
- Sliding Rear Window

Total Base MSRP
and Options: $34,395.00
Total Discounts: ($1,100.00)

Destination Charge: $740.00

Total MSRP: $34,035.00

$29,970.96
$4,064.04

Fuel Economy:
EPA Estimated mpg:
city 18
hwy
EPA estimated
annual fuel cost:
$1,551.00
for more info, go to:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov

Ford Extended Service Plan is the ONLY service

contract backed by Ford and honored by over

5,100 Ford and Lincoln-Mercury dealers. Ask

your dealer for prices and additional details or

see our website at www.Ford-ESP.com

* "X-Plan Price" includes a destination charge and does not include applicable rebates and incentives or taxes and fees. See Vehicle Summary Page for more details. Dealer Participation in the X-Plan is voluntary. Please verify with your preferred dealer as to their participation status.

Notice: Ford attempts to update dealer inventory on a daily basis, however, neither Ford nor dealer can guarantee that the inventory shown will be available at the dealership. Mid-model-year manufacturing changes, as well as dealer-added accessories on the actual vehicle may differ from the options and features listed for Your Inventory Vehicle. MSRP is provided by the manufacturer for informational purposes only. Actual pricing and vehicle information may only be obtained from your local dealer.

Old 12-04-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by FALLSCREW
Hey Rebel,
Are you planning on aftermarket rim's or keeping the stocker's on ?
I will most likely keep the stock wheels. I like the atlas wheels alot, but considering the cost of new wheels, and the fact that I do like the look of the factory chrome wheels, I will keep 'em.

Besides, I want a SuperChips Microtuner BAAAAAD!
That will be my next purchase for the truck, but will have to wait until prolly February.

Quick Reply: Christmas present to me