SuperCrew

Stolen Hitch Cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Stolen Hitch Cover

Some jerk stole my hitch cover with the oval Ford logo. I use a locking pin and so they just decided to hacksaw the logo part off!

Really pisses me off and now I just have a hole there....

Unfortunatly the only way to stop thieves is to lock the whole truck up in a giant vault and never take it out. Then whats the point.

-I hate thieves!

Old 10-29-2002, 07:26 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thieves SUCK!

RP

Old 10-29-2002, 08:11 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
sounds more like vandalism than theft.

Old 10-30-2002, 01:08 AM
This is the kind of "minor" crime that really gets under my skin. The thing is worth probably $20 and some lowlife POS feels the need to steal it from someone. I've had my stereo stolen twice out of different vehicles and caught the guy that stole the first one. Long story short, I got my crappy old Sanyo head unit back from my former neighbor after some "negotiation". The violation that a guy feels after something is stolen from something he cares about is something that cannot be described.
A former roomate of mine caught a guy breaking into my wife's car 6 or 7 years ago. He surprised the thief by sticking a .41 magnum revolver at him. The guy ran, spilling the 4 or 5 bucks in change that he had tried to steal from the car, hit a railroad tie planter box at full speed, and got a lovely road rash all down his face for his trouble. My roomate was smart enough to know that you can't shoot someone over a property crime, but boy it's tempting when you catch them red-handed!!
BD

Old 10-30-2002, 07:42 AM
Angry

Sorry to hear about it, dcovell. It seems that nowadays, your ride isn't safe anywhere. I'm pretty lucky as I'm able to park in a locked fence all day at work and in the garage at night. It's just those frequent trips to Wal-Mart that scare me to death!

Old 10-30-2002, 08:58 AM
Hey Guys...

I got this really cool lookin hitch cover last night. I bought it off this guy for like $2. He must have been hard up because he took it off the truck, right in front of me...

Sorry DCovell, Couldn't resist...I'm sure you are pretty and I'm not kicking ya while you're down so please don't take it that way. I just got that mental picture going and well, you see the rest...

Take care and c-ya!

Chris (ReelWork)

Old 10-30-2002, 09:33 AM
D,

I know its too late now but, I tossed the plastic tube that came with the blue oval and replaced it with 2" SQ. aluminum tube. Not only does it make it harder to steal, if someone taps your cover, it doesn't snap off.

Ed

Worst Part is, if it wasn't some punk@$$, it was a fellow ford guy.

Trending Topics

Old 10-30-2002, 12:15 PM
Don't that just chap your a........... Maybe it was some Chevy guy wanting to dress up his ride some.

Sorry to hear. Worse I've had is jerks throwing their trash in the back of my truck when I'm at the mall or someplace.

Old 10-30-2002, 01:03 PM
DCOVELL,

Too bad you don't live in Texas. We shoot everyone! If that happened in Texas and he was caught we would send him to the needle anyway. You asked why I moved from San Diego... Since the concealed carry law has been into effect we don't have nearly the crime. And we also have the "make my day" laws. As long as he is on your property light him up!

LOL,

Will(derness)

Old 10-30-2002, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the condolences, I will just live without a hitch cover for a while, may actually get a class III to ball adapter to hide theh hole. Still have the locking pin and that would be realllly hard to take out unless you picked the lock.

I would lose it if I actually caught someone in the act. Don't need a gun when your 6'4" and almost 270 pounds and pissed off! Just chase the guy down with the truck!

At least it's not the whole truck, just another smack to the face in the whole game of life, I can think of a whole lot worse things to have happen to me.... Death for example.... or even worse having the new tires that I haven't had a chance to take pictures of on my truck yet.....

Old 10-30-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Robdude30
Sorry to hear about it, dcovell. It seems that nowadays, your ride isn't safe anywhere. I'm pretty lucky as I'm able to park in a locked fence all day at work and in the garage at night. It's just those frequent trips to Wal-Mart that scare me to death!

WallyWorld has cameras, if you have a problem on their lot go directly to security and check the tapes

Old 10-31-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by familyman
WallyWorld has cameras, if you have a problem on their lot go directly to security and check the tapes
We responded to a WalMart lot one night for something and asked for the tapes. Since WalMart was not the complainant or the victim, the manager was unwilling to let us look at them. An officer on scene told him he would be arrested if he didn't let us look at them and he was seconds from actually being arrested when he caved in. Tapes had nothing on them that was useful. Point is, don't expect WalMart to do ANYTHING for you... their official policy is that tapes can only be viewed by court order unless the store is a victim or complainant.

Generally, Wal-Mart sucks.

Quick Reply: Stolen Hitch Cover