SuperCrew

Storage Clip

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Storage Clip

First time posting to board. I recently purchased a new 2002 F150 Supercrew. I was looking through the owners manual and noticed the manual refers to a storage clip that should have been in the overhead compartment where the garage door opener would mount. It looks as though it would be something that would hold a second pair of sunglasses similar to the forward compart. There was no storage clip in my truck. I asked the dealer about it. They said they had never seen one of these and checked other trucks on the lot, but did not find one. Anyone out there know what I'm talking about? Or is this something that got printed in the manual but never made it into production.

I've only had my truck for four weeks now and so far I love it. Traded in a 98 Dodge Quad Cab. So far I like the Ford over the Dodge.

Old 10-25-2002, 11:24 PM
I know exactly what your talking about and my truck has it. I have an 03 Supercrew however. Its not really a storage clip per se, but a storage compartment in my mind.

If I get a chance, I will take a pic and post it.

Welcome to the board and to S'Crew ownership!

Jim

Old 10-26-2002, 11:16 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dareford,

First, welcome to f150online and enjoy that new truck!

Secondly, I have a question. Does your truck have the moonroof? If so, you probably won't have the overhead compartment and thus, wouldn't have this 'clip' that is mentioned.

If you don't have the moonroof, I would suspect that the clip that is being mentioned is a 'sunglasses holder' clip?

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

RP

Old 10-26-2002, 12:59 PM
It's a small compartment, behind the sunglass holder. Flip open ( down) and there is velcro for holding the *small* door openers. Should be some plastic blocks for adjustment purposes when pressing on the lid to operate the g-door.

Old 10-26-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by flscrew
It's a small compartment, behind the sunglass holder. Flip open ( down) and there is velcro for holding the *small* door openers. Should be some plastic blocks for adjustment purposes when pressing on the lid to operate the g-door.
Flscrew,

You hit the nail on the head. That is exactly what my truck has. Thanks for the clarification for Dareford. I was a bit tired last night when I entered my post.

Jim

Old 10-26-2002, 09:30 PM
Storage clip

Yes,

It is the compartment where the garage door opener would mount(if I had a garage. Trying to work that one out with my wife). In the owners manual where it gives directions for mounting the garage door opener, it says to first remove the "storage clip" and shows an illustration of something that looks like a clip that would hold sunglasses similar in design to the front overhead compartment. No my truck does not have the moon roof option. My dealer claims this part doesn't exist.

Thanks for the input so far and thanks for the welcomes to the board.

Quick Reply: Storage Clip