SuperCrew

need front license bracket

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need front license bracket

Took mine off. Can't find it. Gotta cool new plate I wanna put on front.

Anyone still have their front bracket and wanna sell it?

Email me at ramblinwreck at hotmail dot com

Thanks

Old 10-25-2002, 08:59 AM
how did you get yours off? I don't want mine.

Old 10-25-2002, 12:28 PM
I got a long drill bit and drilled out the 2 rivets from underneath looking up. Wear eye protection so you don't get a chip of metal in your eye - use oil on the drill bit and it cuts faster. Or you can cut the rivets from the front with a hacksaw blade + blade holder thingy.

Old 10-28-2002, 04:00 PM
Bump.

Need a bracket!

Old 10-30-2002, 09:35 AM
Just order one from Ford. Someone backed into me with their car. The car bumper hit under the chrome truck bumper so I had to replace the valance and licence plate holder. I took a day to order it from my dealer and it was less than $10.00. and that was in Canadian $$. In US $$ it should be about 50 cents.

Old 10-30-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by CanadianSCrew
Just order one from Ford. Someone backed into me with their car. The car bumper hit under the chrome truck bumper so I had to replace the valance and licence plate holder. I took a day to order it from my dealer and it was less than $10.00. and that was in Canadian $$. In US $$ it should be about 50 cents.
Checked your gallery, noticed you went to Colorado, I live in St. Louis MO and we recently took a trip to CO also. Noticed one of your pics said 8000 ft. Did you get a chance to go to the highest road in Noth America at an elevation over 14000 ft? This was just outside Denver. Eh ? lol

Noticed you have a 2 wheel drive, I would've thought being up north you'd have the 4x4.

Old 10-31-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by familyman
Checked your gallery, noticed you went to Colorado, I live in St. Louis MO and we recently took a trip to CO also. Noticed one of your pics said 8000 ft. Did you get a chance to go to the highest road in Noth America at an elevation over 14000 ft? This was just outside Denver. Eh ? lol

Noticed you have a 2 wheel drive, I would've thought being up north you'd have the 4x4.

We spent a couple of weeks with the trailer in Colorado. Gave the truck a real good towing workout. The truck did real well towing a 31 foot trailer in 95 to 100 degree weather. We did go up Pikes Peak at Colorado Springs to 14000 ft with the truck. Did not tow the trailer at anything higher than 7000 ft and could notice I was loosing power real bad. Eh? or is that huh? in American.

We did try a different route home and rather than going through Nebraska we went through Kansas and Missouri and then north through Iowa. So we did almost got into your neighbourhood.

I have a 2 wheel drive because up here in Canada we only use the truck in July and August. The rest of the year we use the dog sled or the snowmobile because the snow is too deep for even a 4 wheel drive and the truck won't start at -50 degrees.

No seriously I live in the city and do computer service for a large corporation and all my driving is city and expressways. I would also loose 500Lb towing capacity with a 4x4. This truck has the maximum towing capacity in a Supercrew. Its large enough to tow my trailer and yet small enough to be a daily driver.

Quick Reply: need front license bracket