SuperCrew

New screw

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New screw

Just bought my Supercrew today. I had it 30 mintues before I had it off road for some trail type driving.

1. I getting a Rhino Spreaded in but I'm wondering has anyone had the Rhino liner spreaded on the under carriage or lower door sides? I'm wondering about cost and how well it works.

2. Muffler. 40, 50, or 70 seriers Flowmaster? I like the 40 but I'm worried about low end performance and it may be to loud for my 3 and 4 years old boys.

3. Whats the best intake (Airraid, KN,...) for the money?

Old 10-22-2002, 07:42 AM
Congratulations on your new SuperCrew and welcome to F150online.

Sorry, can't answer your questions, but I'm sure there are others who will as soon as they read your post.

Old 10-22-2002, 09:28 AM
Forget Rhino and go with the lineX if you want spray in. I have not found a shop that would do the undercarriage. They want to make a quick buck spraying the bed but would not do underneath.
If you want to waste your money on an intake I would check out Volant! They now have a nice inclosed box setup that works like the stock one but looks real sweet. Otherwise just change the filter with a GREEN. Little nicer then the K&N.
Check out the 50 series Flowmaster that should be the right sound, the 40 will be tooooooo loud.

Old 10-23-2002, 01:03 PM
Talking exhaust done

Took it to the shop and talked to the owner. According to him almost all the back pressure in the 5.4L Ford is in the cats. He recommended removing the current Muffler and adding a Y out to exits behide the wheels ($199). He even said if I didn't like it he would cut the Y out and put in a SI/DO 50 seriers with no labor charge.

I said what the hay and went for it.

Well it sounds great. At start up there is a Deep rumble then a purr. The deep rumble starts at about 2500 RPM. Running 80MPh on the highway its just a low purr, until you kick it. The Kids love it. If anything its almost two quit. The guys at work didn't believe it had no muffler and crawled under it to see. I'm going to try and do a sound recording on it this weekend.

The butt dyno did not pick up on any low end power loss. Just incase, I keep the old (60+ pound) muffler assembly.

After leaving the shop we hit the mud for a few hours of family fun.

Thanks for the replys......

Quick Reply: New screw