SuperCrew

Glove Box POPPING!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 07:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glove Box POPPING!!!

I have this god awfull loud pop on occasion that is definetly the glove box. I have completely taken it apart and put back together in hopes of finding the culprit. Sounds like tension builds up in a spring or something and then pops real loud. Anyone else know what is going on here?

6,000 mile 2002 FX4
K&N Stock Box Filter

Old 10-17-2002, 08:03 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Kentucky snipers can't hit squat.

Old 10-17-2002, 08:11 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL!

Can't shoot anything with a gun... but when it comes to basketball, we can shoot pretty darn well!

My guess on the popping would be two plastic pieces with pressure on them and one has enough movement to 'pop' out of the way of the other. There really, to my recolection, aren't any 'springs' in the assembly (I've had mine apart once before as well).

Not real sure what to tell you Steve.

RP

Old 10-17-2002, 08:16 AM
Unhappy

I have this same sound in my '01 SCrew 4WD as well. Oddly enough it seems to happen when I turn on the A/C or whenever there is temperature change in the cab. It will occur with the truck parked in the garage. This makes me think that it is a plastic component inside the dash expanding or contracting. I also have a sound like a cricket chirping that comes from behind the instrument cluster. This sound only happens on rough pavement or RR track crossing, so I think it is actually something loose inside. Most of the time these sounds do not bather me at all, but somedays they drive me crazy. So far this is the only complaint I have about this truck.

Old 10-17-2002, 09:52 AM
I too have the pop behind the glove box area. I have looked and can't find the cause either.

Let me know if you find anything definite on the problem.

You can always just turn the radio up a little louder....it has worked for me

Old 10-17-2002, 08:05 PM
Old 10-17-2002, 10:08 PM
The Spring

The spring I am talking about is the one that makes it or helps it shut. If you take the door all the way open by moving the stop sideways past the catch you will see the door spring and the hinge point. I believe I will use a bit of penetration lube and see if that helps. It really does change in different temps and sounds just like the POP when you open the glove box door.

I have found many rattles in this new FX4 and am begining to think it was built on Hangover Monday when that KC crew had partied all Sunday watching the KC Chumps get slaughtered at Arrowhead and spent the rest of their day drowning their sorrows only to show up at the Truck Factory to build a few ****ty trucks in some act of revenge.

That sniper is only Mad at some cans. When you fill up next time stay away from those cans, or have that jerk Naven Johnson fill er up fer ya.

Trending Topics

Old 10-18-2002, 12:36 AM
I haven't noticed any noises from that area in my truck. I do have a late model 2001 and maybe they did a slight design change late in the year? Don't know.

Quick Reply: Glove Box POPPING!!!