SuperCrew

Rear Window Outside Trim Problem ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Window Outside Trim Problem ?

Hey guys I need some information. I have a 2001 Supercrew and
I have noticed that the outside trim around the rear window appears to be pulling away from the body. Large gaps have
opened up leaving the foam seal exposed, loose and extending past the trim. Has anybody seen this problem and if so what can be done about it. Also does anybody know how the trim and seal
are attached to the window frame or body? It looks like it will have to be taken off and repaired so it would be nice to know how to take it off without breaking it.
Thanks.

Old 09-26-2002, 11:12 AM
Mine is doing the same thing. No leaks yet but it looks ugly. I heard that the 2002 trim and seal is a better design. I may buy one, paint it and replace mine.

Old 09-26-2002, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the feedback Norm.
I'm keeping an eye on it and thinking about taking it to the
dealer for some advice.

Old 09-26-2002, 02:50 PM
This problem has come up before on the boards in the early summer, so don't feel bad b/c you are not alone. Several of us had our '01 screw rear window seal replaced with the '02 version. There WAS an upgrade for the new year. Some had problems with window leaks, some looked like they were going to leak, and some were fixed just for appearance reasons. We all had it done under warranty so you should not have to fork over any $$$. My dealer--and many others-- switched to the new style no ??s asked. Very easily handled. I think Ford is good about fixing things like this under warranty when they know the new model year had an upgrade/change b/c the old was problematic. Take it to your dealer and they should do it. There might have been a TSB on it, so you may want to check that and take a copy with you.

Old 09-27-2002, 01:12 PM
Thanks lynchmob. I am going to take it to the dealer.

Quick Reply: Rear Window Outside Trim Problem ?