SuperCrew

PaintScratch interior paint

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PaintScratch interior paint

I would like to paint the Clarion camo sub to match my dash exactly, but Paintscratch only lists "M" codes for the 2002 interior paint. My vehicle interior trim code (read from the door pillar) is FT and it is a 2002 FX4, so which PaintScratch code would this correspond to (Medium or Dark Graphite)? I'm guessing Dark Graphite. If not PaintScratch, where else may I be able to obtain a spray can of this interior paint?? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

-Mike

Old 09-23-2002, 10:27 AM
Check your window sticker if you still have it around. It will tell you the name. Also, you might search the internet auto sites for your code and the associated name.

Old 09-23-2002, 03:12 PM
Just email the folks at Paint Scratch...they're very friendly and helpful!

Old 09-24-2002, 09:10 PM
Smile

Thanks guys, I'm gonna email PaintScratch.

-Mike

Old 09-25-2002, 07:10 AM
Talking Go dealer

Go to your local Ford dealer- their color match is uh ,Perfect. I just got mine yesterday for my Clarion sub, the tan color though. One 13oz. aerosal can cost me $10. They didnt have it in stock but got it overnight for me. I dont know what Paintscratch gets for a can of paint but, I dont think you can beat this price for factory matched paint IMHO. ---Paul

Old 09-26-2002, 10:06 PM
Re: Go dealer

Originally posted by Superbeast54
Go to your local Ford dealer- their color match is uh ,Perfect. I just got mine yesterday for my Clarion sub, the tan color though. One 13oz. aerosal can cost me $10. They didnt have it in stock but got it overnight for me. I dont know what Paintscratch gets for a can of paint but, I dont think you can beat this price for factory matched paint IMHO. ---Paul
You bought Ford pre-mixed paint for your dash??? Hmmm, stopped by my dealership and both the parts department and body shop didn't have a clue as to where to obtain this paint. They said they never even heard of it being available. I spoke with PaintScratch and they said that I would need to borrow a color booklet to match the paint and have it mixed. My only other option is to go to a local independent body shop and have it custom-matched and mixed. I would prefer to get a spray can from Ford if possible...where do you recommend trying next?

-Mike

Old 09-26-2002, 11:11 PM
Mike,

I can't help you find your paint per se, but I can help you decipher your interior codes. Click on the link and it will take you to a thread where I made the detailed specs of the 2002 F150s available some time ago. Go down to the second post as the first post has other details on the 2002 F150s that you might find useful later as well. After clicking on the link in the second post, you'll be opening a PDF file with all the order codes for building a new truck. Navigate to page 13 and read at the top right side, the code FT is for an interior color of Dark Graphite coupled with Captain's chairs in XLTs with center console.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...highlight=2002

I hope that helps you somehow.

Later,

~DM~

Trending Topics

Old 09-27-2002, 06:07 AM
Talking Dealer Paint

Mike I will bring home the can of paint from work tonight and give you the part number. Again it is not the gray color but you can give the number to your local dealer and maybe with that he can locate your color, just a thought. I'll post tonight with the #---Paul

Old 09-27-2002, 07:47 AM
DAVEMAN: Thanks for those links, I appreciate it. Everything I ever wanted to know about my truck and then some!! Now I at least know the confirmed major color match for FT trim would be dark graphite.

Superbeast54: I would really appreciate that number, it may make things easier to locate. Thanks in advance for posting it

-Mike

Old 09-27-2002, 06:57 PM
Lightbulb Ford part #

Here is the # for the interior paint from Ford
M4JZ-19M547-1077H
MD. PARCHMENT
Dont forget this is for tan interior but maybe the part number will guide you in the right direction. Good luck hope this helps---Paul

Old 09-27-2002, 09:09 PM
DD,

You're welcomed mate. I'm glad you were able to find the information useful. As you probably saw, I put that info on this some before I even bought my Super Crew. The date was 9/11/2001 incase you didn't notice. That was one very emotional day for me and this country as a whole.

I was amazed how few folks actually found and used that info as I thought it was like finding a pot of gold but others didn't even seem to care. I'm glad you found it useful and worth looking into.

Good luck finding your paint match...

Later,

~DM~

Quick Reply: PaintScratch interior paint