SuperCrew

Part # for Screw foglights ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part # for Screw foglights ??

Hello all,

I cant seem to find the part no. for the Screw foglights. Are they something like 9145 ? Or something like H1 ? Can someone please shed some light on this ? I am wanting to get brighter fogs for my Screw. Thanks

Old 09-16-2002, 05:26 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The bulb number that comes stock with the fogs is a 9145. However, I think you'll have a little trouble finding a 9145 in a higher wattage...

Here's what a large majority (including myself) have done to get around this...

I installed 9005 bulbs in my fogs. I went with a super white Xenon bulb that is MUCH brighter than stock.

You have to modify the bulb housing slightly by snipping off one of the tiny flanges that are on the bulb. If you hold your 9145 side by side with the 9005 bulb, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Good luck and feel free to email me with questions.

RP

Old 09-16-2002, 06:12 PM
I have the 9005 silverstars in my truck (in the fog lights) and love them. Almost too bright but there closer to the ground so it really dosen't bother other drivers too much. They do throw a really beam in front of you for fogs.

I took a pair of needle nose plyers and trimed down the flang that keeps it from going in. Once you trim that down a bit (very easy to figure out when compared with the original bulb) then it fits in nice and snug. They are higher wattage but I have been using them for over 6 months now and have not had any problems what so ever. The wiring is heavy enough for them and the extra heat dosen't seem to have any effect. You will notice a lot more light though and the only problem you may have is that your headlights and fogs will be a diffrent color temp unless you replace your headlights too (like me). There $25 anywhere you go. Easier to find online than in a store.

Old 09-17-2002, 09:20 AM
I didn't have to trim anything at all when I put mine in. You just have to work it in a little for it to go in. I would recommend NOT trimming anything, as that may cause you problems later on down the road. I managed to get mine in without any modifications.

Quick Reply: Part # for Screw foglights ??