SuperCrew

Brand New Screw

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Brand New Screw

Tomorrow I will pick up my new 03 SCrew and my local Ford Dealer. How about giving me some "tips" on what to look for that might need a little "dealer attention" befor I take delivery. I ordered my new truck the first day you could and I'm looking forward to swaping my 97 S10 for a full size truck. Thanks for all your help!

Also, where do I go to update my info and load pictures?

Old 08-30-2002, 10:25 PM
Congrats on the new truck....the only thing I can tell you to look at is the paint on the roof, I noticed a few rust marks. The best advise I can give is: Don't be in a hurry or let yourself be rushed, most dealers just want to show you a few features and get you out of there. Spend a few minutes or an hour looking over the new rig. then take delivery and rest assured your truck is "The Best"..........to change your info look up at the top of the screen right now........go ahead look up........see where it says User CP....click that button......then click edit profile.......good luck....

Old 08-31-2002, 12:28 AM
Couple of things:

1) Several people have mentioned getting Lariat packages and not getting the lariat floor mats (the ones with Lariat embroidered on them). Yeah, it's nit pickin' but you paid for em didn't you?.
2) Look every inch of that body over for scratches and minor dents. Once you drive it off the lot, they will say it wasn't there when you left the lot. Stuff happens in transit, make sure you aren't the one paying to have it fixed.
3) Go over the invoice and make sure everything is there. Paid for off road package, make sure all that entails is there... Ordered the Fx4 package, make sure everything is there...etc.
4) Does every door, window, cubby open close properly and cleanly.

... the list goes on an on. Go over the truck with a fine tooth comb and make sure it's what you ordered and are happy with it. You are going to be excited about getting the new truck and it can be taken advantage of.

This is your one chance to get something dealt with without an arguement. If you don't like it, you can still walk away at this point. After you take delivery, they've got your money and you are just another owner wanting them to do something for them. Before you accept delivery, get EVERYTHING they say they will fix/change/add in writing.

This may sound like being an a$$hole but think about it, you just spent in $20-$30K on this new truck. Make sure everything works as expected and is there. You won't regret it. Take a good hour going over it.

Better safe than sorry.

Cheleri

Old 09-01-2002, 08:44 PM
make them take their little dealer sticker off your tailgate and remove their dealer plate on the front .

if they haven't installed something you ordered , like tube steps or something ... then tell them you will pick it up when it's installed... they will get you acessories much faster that way.

this will be a good time to hit them up for a bottle of touch-up paint too...

Quick Reply: Brand New Screw