SuperCrew

Dead Screw

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 09:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Dead Screw

The Screw died last night...well kind of. I have long suffered from the "no start after warmed up syndrome", which i still believe has never been figured out. After its warm, i would go to start it, and it would just crank and act like it wasn't getting any fuel. It would usually do this 2 or three times of cranking and then finally start. Last night was different. Ran into the store no longer than 5 minutes, came out, no start. Thought, well it's done this before...no big deal. This time it wouldn't start. It would kind of fire, but wouldn't come close to starting. I was only 5 minutes from home so i had my wife come and get me, figured i would go back in about an hour and try again. Did that, still no start. Called for tow, he came about an hour later, i tried again and it started. Hmmm... Now, when it wasn't starting, i swear i couldn't hear the fuel pump cycling. I drove it to the dealer last night and am waiting for the infamous "could not duplicate problem" phone call. I guess we'll wait and see. I have about 30K on it now, but as i said, its had this starting issue since practically day one.

Tony

Old 08-30-2002, 11:03 AM
Zyg
Are you the original owner? If so it should have come with roadside assistance, have it towed to a dealer and fixed. Could be a myriad of things but obviously appears to be something electrical and head related.

Old 08-30-2002, 11:13 AM
Yes i am the original owner, and i forgot about the roadside assistance thing. Either way, the dealer would have paid the tow bill. It wasn't that inconvenient since it was so close to my house.
Why do you say head realted?
Tony

Old 08-30-2002, 02:43 PM
Thumbs up Got the truck back....

After hooking up fuel pump diagnosis, the pressure droped to 0. They installed a new fuel pump and new filter. Let's see how long this one lasts.

Tony

Old 08-30-2002, 03:53 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good luck tfratzke. Keep us posted on how it does.

I haven't heard of many folks with this problem so maybe, it's an isolated thing and not wide spread like the 'thunk'.

RP

Quick Reply: Dead Screw