SuperCrew

out with old, in with new

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking out with old, in with new

I finally placed the order on monday for my new '03 SCREW... bright red 4x4, 5.4, TT, lariat. I discovered a cool southeast regional package that includes chrome side steps (blah), moonroof, bed extender and the best part - cool 17" 5-spoke alum wheels (that are NOT the same as the FX4 wheels). Drove my sales guy crazy trying to find out information on how to get these wheels... anyway looking forward to getting this sucka. Oh, I forgot the even better reason why this thing is going to be awesome - because you can finally get a 3.73 axle in a SCREW. Damn it's about time! With the lower gears and alum wheels (instead of steel) it should run significantly better.

I've got 46000 miles on my '01 lariat SCREW (optioned pretty much the same way). It's been my best ford truck yet (had a '95 ranger, '97 f150 4x2 SC, and '98 f150 4x4 SC). The only problems I've had over the last two years for this thing are: creaky rear suspension that turned out to be a loose spring bracket!, cassette player only played right channel, no less than _7_ bad Goodyear tires (vibration at speed and would fail a road force test) This thing still rides, drives and runs like new.

BTW- while I'm rambling... I just installed a set of Monroe Gasmatic LT shocks all the way around on my '01 and the ride really didn't change significantly better from the worn-out factory shocks. I didn't want to spring for the sensatracs (or rancho or edelbrock, etc for that matter). FYI, YMMV.

Hasta la taco ,
jC.

Old 08-28-2002, 11:58 AM
Personally I'm waiting for the 2004 SuperCrew that is suppost to have the 24 valve 5.4 vs the current 16 valve engine. Plus a possible face lift. Hope it looks good, I assume it will be similar to the 2003 expedition. My other question is the 2004 F150 going to have 4 wheel independent suspention like the exp?

Old 08-28-2002, 01:16 PM
JC,

Congratulations on your new 03 SCRew order. I also had a 01 SCRew which I bought in August of 2000. It was the best vehicle I have ever owned. Never a problem in the two years I owned it. It drove & rode as nice as the day I picked it up. I ordered a 2003 SCrew on 07/03/02 and it was shipped "via rail carrier" on 08/21/02. I am planning on picking it up next Monday. About seven weeks from order date to ship date. Anyway I can't wait. I sold my beloved 01 SCrew on 08/02 and have been SCrewless ever since and suffering some serious withdrawl symptoms!!! By the way what are you doing with your 2001???

Mtn Mike

Old 08-28-2002, 11:45 PM
Thumbs up congrats

hey congrats on the new screw ,that is a good sign if you sell your screw if it is to get newley screwed!

hey Dcovell, I am waiting for the baby diesel and new beefier frame like on the 03 expy, will the day ever come. man I am starting to look a chevy's 2500 diesel ..........naaaaaa just kidding about the chevy , Ford hurry up and offer the Diesel Screw already.

Last edited by Skully; 08-29-2002 at 09:12 AM.