Westin Wheel to Wheel Step Bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RockTrout, Which bars do you have? Have a part number by any chance. TIA, Bob

Old 08-30-2002, 04:48 PM
Angry Bars are the same

No I am really bent. Got a duplicate set of bars from the installer to check against installed set. Gues what no different. I am now sending a hot flaming email of hate to westin who had up to this point never really done anything other than fax over some installation stuff. So I am now stuck with the bars for the time being until WESTIN does something. How much does the public really get run over by non-engineered stuff. I hoep this is not the usual but I am learning my lesson.

Old 08-30-2002, 06:17 PM
Tony, Send them a link to this board, with your pics and our pics. Something is not right!

Good luck and keep after them.

Old 09-01-2002, 12:46 AM
Those don't look right

Westin needs to get it together. I've had the WAAG wheel to wheel tubes on my truck for 1 1/2 years and the steps line up. I really like the rear one to reach into the back and also wipe the back window off. They don't have a very good side pic, www.WAAG.com, so I'll see if I can figure out how to post pics on here of my truck.

Last edited by Femseadoo; 09-01-2002 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:47 PM
Westin step bar updates

Well, Update.

Flame mail helped and finally got the attention of Westin. After a exchange of the pictures posted here they went back to the factory and installed a set of the bars themselves on a truck. Well no doubt they found they didn't line up. As pictured they found a way to make reparations. I will post replies and pic's when the newer bars come in. Waiting now for the newer bars to be sent to the installer.

Old 06-22-2003, 04:17 PM
JD
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada (originally from Kearny, New Jersey)
Searching the board today looking for info on Nerf bars I came across this older post, how things work out for ya? The set int he pics definitely didn't look right...

Old 06-23-2003, 07:36 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think the WTW is good for the Supercrew. There just isn't much bed space before the rear wheel. A friend of mine has the WTW on a Chevy extended cab 6.5' bed and he loves the extra coverage. That bed is longer and it looks right becuase of the palcement of the third step. Without the WTW, you can still get into the bed a little on a Screw. Here is the regular Westin CPS.

Old 06-23-2003, 05:24 PM
Yeah they definitely do not look right. Check my gallery for pics!

Good luck Tony!

Jag

Old 06-23-2003, 07:33 PM
Thumbs down

Yup something very wrong with those, looks like what some one said earlier, they got the sides switched. Those are certainly not the correct ones for your truck. I cannot believe they even installed them

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=2761

Quick Reply: Westin Wheel to Wheel Step Bars