SuperCrew

reverse lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question reverse lights

I was wondering where the best place is to splice into the
factory reverse circuit to trigger a relay for some extra backup
lights and also what color the wires are at this location?

Old 08-09-2002, 12:50 PM
I spliced a pair of halogen projector lamps into the hitch wiring harness (using a fog lamp relay). You must also install the relays Ford provides (in the bag with the 7 pin to 4 pin adapter) to get power for the backup lights at the hitch point. The instructions Ford provides with the harness and relays provides a full wiring diagram of the hitch harness. I got the idea from a post (last year) from a member named "STONGWIND" (try a search on his posts). He included some pretty decent photos.

Old 08-12-2002, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pull the tail light assembly and splice in right behind the reverse light. The connection will be up high and very well protected. You could also switch the relay (at the same time) with a switch from the cab. This allows you to turn on the reverse/backup lights anytime to do trailer connections at night with the truck in park.

http://www.kchilites.com/acb/showdet..._ID=11&CATID=4

http://www.kchilites.com/repl_26_series.html

Old 08-12-2002, 04:58 PM
Do you think it would be a legality issue with the big a$$ backup lights. I mean if you put it in reverse you will get some attention but could it cause a saftey issue.

I can't think of one other than blinding someone... Thoughts on this. I have a dark tint on my back window and can use all the light I can get behind me.

Quick Reply: reverse lights