SuperCrew

White Flake Fix

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up White Flake Fix

All 2000 and 2001's may hae this problem. TSB number 01253 Sequence 630 date 12/01.

Excessive flux due to the manufacturing prcess of the evaporater may cause white flakes to discharge from the blower vents and or Def vents.

The fix is to Tape a Vacum Clearnert hose to one of the floor?heater vents, (In Essence to seal it up). Tape off the other floor vent to close it completely. Start the Vehicle and run the Heater (to dry out the Evaporator) for 5 min. Turn off fan blower. Turn on Vac and blow compressed air in eac and every vent making sure the selector switch is in the proper setting, ie: don't blow air down the Def vent when the selector is set to panel. Make sure to close all dash vents except the one that is being treated.

What you are after is to Blow the flakes around with a possitive suction of the Vac to capture them. You should also remove the blower housing under the glove box and throughly vaccumm it also.

Good Luck.

Steve England

Thanks Area 52. Also the Trans Flush and Filter change did the trick. MANY MANY THANKS TO THIS BOARD!!!! I was very frustrated. I might even treat the old girl to a wax job this weekend.

Old 08-05-2002, 11:38 PM
Glad to hear you're tranny is shifting like it should. Thanks for the information on the TSB. Their white flake fix sounds a bit temporary to me though...keep an eye on it (with goggles of course!).

PS: I've fixed my profile to enable emails.

Last edited by Area 52; 08-05-2002 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:53 PM
With a TSB out on this.... will the dealer fix it under warranty??

Old 08-09-2002, 12:04 PM
YES!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2002, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the info........ I'll be seeing my dealer next week on the white flakes TSB and the TSB regarding lack acceleration when ambient temp is high.

Old 08-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Angry white flake not fixed 3x

I took my F150 (2001) in three times to have this white flake problem fixed. They've told me they have used the high pressure blowers to blow the stuff out and I continue to find these particles on my dash board.

I was wondering if anyone really got a resolution to this problem.

I've got a letter into FORD. A woman called me back last night to discuss my letter...she hadn't even read it yet so now she's researching it. I have little faith there. The service technician told me it was the molding flaking...now he is saying I made that up.

My wife is concerned about health issues: what exactly are we breathing in. So now she won't drive it unless I keep the windows open.

Any updates to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: White Flake Fix