SuperCrew

Supercrew Lariat 4x4 owners, READ please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Supercrew Lariat 4x4 owners, READ please!

I'm ready to bite the bullet and buy a Supercrew. I need help with pricing.

First off, if you own a Supercrew Lariat 4x4, how much above or below invoice did you pay? I realize this is dependent on your location and your negotiating skills, but still need the information.

Now, I can buy a 2002 Supercrew 4x4 Lariat with the 5.4 V8, captains chairs, FX4 off-road package, towing package, power sliding rear window, and two-tone paint for $31,000. Is this a good price? That does not include tax, title, or license. However, those fees are only about $500. Sticker price is around $37,000.

Tell me what you think of the above price (includes a $2000 rebate). Also tell me how much you paid above or below the invoice.

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-04-2002, 06:24 AM
Sounds good

Does it have a power moonroof? I paid dealer invoice for my Larait and then got my rebates. My sticker was 38 and change, with rebates I paid 30,200. Lariat fully loaded with power moonroof. Ask the dealer what tissue(invoice) Price is on the truck,mine showed me his invoice, and negotiate from there. Good luck---Paul

Old 08-04-2002, 12:59 PM
Thumbs up

That's a good price. It sounds like you are right at invoice. I pick mine up the week after next, almost the same truck as yours, and I'll get it for about 31,500.

I can't wait. My beast has been great but with second kid on the way, the supercrew will be sweet.

Plus I felt I needed leather captains chairs and the 5.4.

Old 08-04-2002, 01:10 PM
I would settle for a couple over invoice. I got mine on the x plan and that is a lil under invoice. But not everyone can get the x plan.

You gotta remember, they are trying to push the 02 off the lot for the 03s. Tell them they are about $1000 away from the deal and see what happens.

Or you could buy mine?? I'm thinking about a F250. I'll let it go for $27, 000, has 23k miles and 6yr/100, 000 ESP warranty with no deduct and free same day rental car (get a rental just for an oil change). She is in GREAT shape!!

Old 08-04-2002, 01:33 PM
I paid dealer invoice less all rebates. How much is dealer invoice on the truck you want? You should be 2000 less than invoice plus tax, title and license.

If you do not get that price call another dealer. There will be some dealer that will sell it at the above price. I used the Fleet Sales department and that is the easiest way to get dealer invoice without any of the dealers' games.

There are a lot of people who have access to X-plan that do not realize it. I would check with your work, parents, in-laws, brothers or sisters to see if their companies have x-plan. Usually the HR departments will know.

Your price is good if the Dealer Invoice is 32,500.

Good luck.

Old 08-04-2002, 05:42 PM
That is a great deal! Thats $5000 off the sticker plus the rebate of $1500> Where did you get $2000? The rebate is $1500 for a Screw. I would jump on it, just make sure it is everything you want...Color,options ext.......Dont want to be unhappy in the long run, or maybe you are ordering it,dont know.

Old 08-04-2002, 06:08 PM
Madd,

The Ford website lists $2000 for the rebate on the Supercrew.

Trending Topics

Old 08-04-2002, 11:03 PM
Seadoo,
There is a dealer just north of you, outside of Charleston. It's called Ravenel Ford, website is, you guessed it, ravenelford.com.
They sell everything for invoice and $98, you get the rebate. Talk to David Spry there, he'll take care of you..

Old 08-06-2002, 07:25 AM
Typical dealer invoice for that equipment is around 32,500. Take that number and subtract the 3% holdback and you have the actual cost of the vehicle to the dealer when it arrived on the lot. The longer it sits on the lot the holdback available for negotiation will be less. Plus the dealer may have unpublished volume incentives for thier dealership that may provide them with additional profit margin. Big dealerships can make big bucks on volume especially at the end of the month/model year. So for that truck at this time of year with a $2000 rebate, I wouldn't pay more than 30,500. That would give them a minimum of a 3% profit.

Quick Reply: Supercrew Lariat 4x4 owners, READ please!