SuperCrew

Carsdirect.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carsdirect.com

This should probably be posted in another forum, but this one will hopefully allow for the most responses.

Have any of you purchased a vehicle through carsdirect.com? How was the experience?

Old 08-01-2002, 10:56 PM
No

I purchased my Fords through Fleet Sales. My brother in-law told me just to call up and tell the fleet guy what I wanted. (I was skeptical, but gave it a shot). It was the most painless way to purchase an automobile without having an x-plan or a-plan. If you somehow qualify for either of those you can purchase an auto pretty easily without going through fleet.

If you go through Fleet Sales, you should be able to buy at dealer invoice. (Plus you get the rebates). I received an e-mail today that rebates of up to 2,500 cash back on all 2002 F-150s. It was so easy when I leased my wife's expy that I went back four months later and purchased a screw.

Sorry that I do not know anyone personally that went through cars direct for their auto purchase. I doubt very seriously you can do better than going through the Fleet Sales Department.

Try it, the only thing they can say is no... but i doubt they will. And if they do what did it cost you ... 10 minutes on the phone.

Old 08-02-2002, 01:45 AM
Carsdirect.com wants $30,700 for the following:

F-150 Supercrew 4x4 Lariat with:

-5.4 V8
-Towing package
-FX4 Off-Road package
-heated seats
-leather captains chairs
-chrome tubular running boards
-limited slip 3.55
-two-toning
-sliding rear window

Seems like a good deal, but I'll see what local dealers will do first.

Old 08-02-2002, 07:29 AM
I bought my screw via priceline.com. I made two bids. The first was for $500 below invoice, which got no replies (hey, you gotta try), and the second was for invoice, which got several replies with similar vehicles, and one from a dealer that would order it. Worked very smoothly, and I think I paid $100 to priceline.

Despite the rumors, I think the car part of priceline is still in business.

Bruce.

Old 08-02-2002, 11:10 AM
I bought mine through carsdirect.com and as whole it was a great car buying experience. I had gone to a bunch of different dealers and test drove a bunch of different trucks. Once I had settled on the truck, engine package, and color I wanted, I went to cars direct for a quote.

I spoke with the ford rep and got a quote. The Ford dealer I was working with could not match the cars direct price plus he wanted to add things to the truck to drive up the price (Slider back window, bedliner and something else)

I told him if he could match or beat the price on the truck I would buy it from him but in the end he couldn't so I went with Carsdirect. They had the truck deliverd to a dealer about 7 miles from my house and I signed some paperwork and was on my way.

Now a couple of warnings.

If you want to deal and haggle and you don't have a specific color in mind you can probably beat up a dealer for a truck they have in stock. I have read about some great deals struck when a dealer just needs to move their inventory. But if you want a specific truck and it's not in stock the carsdirect price is usually hard to beat.

Cars direct will hardsell you on the theft protection insurance ($250.00) they will tell you they put it on all the cars they sell. Bull*****, tell them to take it off and save the money for a mod you want.

Carsdirect will also hardsell the extended warranty. If you want it go for it if you want to think about it, don't get it. You can get the extended warranty after you own the truck and shop around for the best price.

goodluck and let us know how it goes.

Old 08-02-2002, 01:11 PM
Thumbs up

i agree with Iwao...i tried carsdirectcom and it was close but i was able to get a better deal thru the fleet manager....do your reasearch and settle on a price under carsdirect and state thats the price you will buy at...get all your must have options and shop around...you'll save hundreds maybe more...good luck SeaDooHHI you seem to be close at the 30k price but make sure you get the rebate...i think its 1500.00

Old 08-03-2002, 04:34 PM
Carsdirect.com is a rip! I checked when I got my truck and they were like $900 over invoice. Try using edmunds.com and Autobytel.com . I got my truck for $100 over invoice after alot of internet research! Carsdirect.com also was going to use the same dealer that I got my truck from. Go figure! I got a better deal from the same dealer they use.Carsdirect shows prices that include the rebates, so watch out when you see the price, it is with the rebate.

Trending Topics

Old 08-06-2002, 07:55 AM
Check out these websites - Fightingchance.com, dealerconnection.com, and Carbuyingtips.com

Last edited by Steven Law; 08-06-2002 at 07:58 AM.