SuperCrew

A/C line cut by sharp wheel well!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C line cut by sharp wheel well!!!!!

My A/C gave out on one of the hottest days this year! I looked at fuses, belt, A/C unit and could not find anything wrong until I discovered a green substance leaking along the A/C hose that rests on the frame and the wheel well on the passenger side of the truck. I could not believe that Ford would design the hose routing such that they would wrap tape around the two points that rub; the cut hose is a direct result of rubbing on the sharp plastic wheel well! I'm taking the truck back to the dealer tonight; they better fix it for free!!!!

Anyone ever notice this poor design or have a problem relating to the cut A/C hose?

I'll keep you posted!

Old 07-30-2002, 12:18 PM
Took the truck into the dealer last night at 7:00 PM and was done and picked up by 10:30 PM; no charge! I like having access to the service department 24 hours a day 7 days a week - how does your service department stack-up?

Old 07-30-2002, 02:21 PM
I'm gonna go look at mine right now Bruce! Thanks for the heads-up and glad they covered the fix for you.

Old 07-31-2002, 09:36 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, I wish we had a 24/7 service department.

It's typically a two day ordeal around here to take it in to get a front end alignment. Service is pathetic around here for some reason.

RP

Old 07-31-2002, 11:31 AM
24/7

Bruce, thanks for the heads up.

Jeez, I would have to wait all day for a darn oil change at the dealer, if I did not do them myself . Since I live in jersey, maybe driving to western NY would not be so bad , I probably would get hom sooner.

And I though saturday service was a big deal.

Pete

Last edited by NJFF-Screw; 07-31-2002 at 11:39 AM.

Quick Reply: A/C line cut by sharp wheel well!!!!!