SuperCrew

Access Roll-Up vs Literider cover.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Access Roll-Up vs Literider cover.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Access Roll-Up and the "Literider" Tonneau covers besides almost $100 in price. They appear to function the same and appear to basically have the same features.

I had an Extang Black Max on my 2001 Screw and did not really like the looks (bows) or functionality (snaps). So I am looking for something in a soft Tonneau for the 2003 Screw I have on order.

Thanks

Mike

Old 07-29-2002, 11:09 AM
Mike, I think the biggest difference is the thickness of the material for the cover itself. I have the access roll up. I think it is a good cover, open and closes in less than a minute and fits the bed good. My only complant was the way the cover fit the front rail.I called the company and the sent me a gasket kit to seal the front. hope this helps. Joe

Old 07-29-2002, 01:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not sure, but I don't believe you can adjust the tension on the lite-rider. The Access has a tension adjustment **** at the front.

Old 07-29-2002, 07:46 PM
Their website shows the tension adjusting feature same as the Access Roll-up. Like I said from what I can tell the "Literider" appears to have all of the "Access" options. I think "Dakota's" answer probably is the reason the "Literider" is less expensive' Maybe that is what "Lite" refers to in the name.

Mike

Old 07-31-2002, 10:16 AM
I have a LiteRider on my 01 SCrew. I looked at both and the only real differences are the cover material and the tension adjustment. The tension adjustment on the LiteRider isn't quite as easy to adjust, but once you get it set you won't have to mess with it anymore. Other than those things, the look and function is identical. The little bit more hassle adjusting tension was well worth the hondo I saved. Just my 2 cents.

GSCrew

Last edited by GSCrew; 07-31-2002 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:00 PM
GScrew a question

Did you do your own installation of the "Literider" or have it installed? If you installed it was it pretty simple and by the book; or were there problems?

Mike

Old 07-31-2002, 05:37 PM
Truxedo roll-up tonneau

By the way do any of you know anything about the "Truxedo Roll-up Tonneau"??? Looks like an Access imitation. Suggested retail $389.99 !!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 08-01-2002, 10:50 AM
Mike,

I had it installed, the price was the same whether I took it home and installed it myself or if they installed it. I watched them install it, then do the adjustments, it took them about 20 minutes to install. I have adjusted it once myself also for tension. No problems at all, pretty easy to adjust, just not as easy as the Access. Adjustment took maybe 10 minutes. I'll be switching the Literider to my new SCrew in a few weeks. I'll let you know how it goes. Hope this helps.

GSCrew

Quick Reply: Access Roll-Up vs Literider cover.