SuperCrew

New Lightning Lights, Corners, & Tails

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 05:45 PM
dlf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Lightning Lights, Corners, & Tails

I bit the bullet, and trumped Santa Claus....... got the Lightning Headlights, Corner lenses and Tails today.

Not sure of the prices yet, I used a family connection at the dealership.... but I know the tails were only 109 each, which I thought was a great deal....... I think the headlights were 116 each, and not sure about the corners, I'm hoping the 116 included them as well, but probably not that lucky Well the truck is about to be brought back can't wait to seeit, and I have to update my profile now....

Old 12-07-2001, 03:11 AM
you won't regret it :-) i was lucky enough to get them back when the tails were $30, and i got the heads corners and 3rd lamp too (that one was the expensive one at the time). you will love the look!

Wes

Old 12-07-2001, 10:07 AM
Exclamation Lightning Tails

congrats
be VERY CAREFUL!!! when you put the tails in the factory screw screws are too long and will put a hole right through the chrome inside of the lightning tails
learned from a friends bad experience
biged

Old 12-07-2001, 10:42 AM
yup i had the same problem -- luckily the dealer that helped my install them (unofficially and for free) was very cool and replaced the poked ones for me. it is the bottom screw on the tails that is too long... I put 7 washers on mine the second time around and that did the trick. alternately you could cut the screw shorter if you have the equipment... be careful, and watch the silver casing from the outside as you slowly screw it in!

regards,
Wes

Old 12-07-2001, 07:28 PM
dlf
The dealership guy installed all lights for my sis-in-law, they must be aware of the screw problem, I see no hole....... I like them, need to wash the truck now if the rain and fog ever lets up......

How I wish I had got the "EL Cheapo" prices.... but less than $700 for everything... sounds like alot, but according to the receipt, I must have got the "x-plan" pricing on the parts... at least thats what the invoice says..... list price on one column, x price on another, which is what I paid....

Now I gotta get wheels....... probably NOT lightnings, but at least factory 17's........

dlf

Quick Reply: New Lightning Lights, Corners, & Tails