SuperCrew

Final Resolution to the Radiator Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Resolution to the Radiator Issue

Ford is issuing owner notifiction 01B83 which will
resolve the radiator issue for 00-01 F150's with
HD elec./cooling or class III trailer towing pkgs.
They say as they've said before, that the radiator
that we have meets super cooling requirements for
all climates and load/towing conditions. In the
notification will be a $100.00 check with 3 options for customer satifaction with the issue of
the misprinted material.

1. cash the check

2. send the check back for a $500.00 customer loyalty certificate good for a trade in
on any Ford (not Linc/Mer) vehicle. (new)

3. return check for a voucher for the bigger radiator that is used on the 7700GVW pkg. If you choose this option, there may be a few months wait
for a radiator as it's a limited production item.

Old 10-17-2001, 12:45 AM
more info

OK, 1. where can we see this in writing so we can go to our dealers and ask for the bigger radiator. And 2. does this apply to everyone with the tow pkg, or only after a certain date like I saw posted some where else. And 3. finally, how did you get this info?

Sorry so many questions, but I already approached dealer and they gave me the story about the study that said both radiators cool the engine the say, yada yada yada. So I want to have some ammo in hand next time that says I rate it. Thanks for the info though and I'll try searching the internet for that owner notification.

Thanks again.

Old 10-17-2001, 03:45 AM
Okay guys,

I'm muddying up the water on this one. Anyone with the tow package check out their HD electrical system which I think is just an included heavy duty battery? Here is a link to where the thread starts to make it just a click away.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...666#post403666

Let's get to the bottom of this one too. I may be wrong but hell, I want to know for sure 'cause at this point no one at Ford's getting the benefit of the doubt any longer from me.

DaveMan

Old 10-18-2001, 12:39 AM
radiator issue

I got this info off of q.c.dealer on the internet,where we get all recall and just about anything else these days-Ford doesn't send info thru the mail much these days. I'm the service manager at a
Ford dealer in SC and have access to this info. The program is dated in Oct., but I don't know exactly when the notices will be mailed. BTW Daveman, if you read my post on your thread about
the battery, you can check your's out. The BXT 65-
650 battery is the HD unit. It's in my Supercrew
with Trl. Tow and my Ranger SC which also called
for HD 72 amp. battery.

Old 10-18-2001, 12:50 AM
re: radiator issue

Cajunscrew, after rereading your post, I remembered, there is a date stipulation. Units sold after a certain date(don't remember exactly)
in May of 2001 will not receive this offer, because the misinformation has been corrected as of that date. To Daveman, yes the battery and the
7 wire light plug with the relays for a brake control are all that I beleive is HD for the elec.
sys.

Old 10-18-2001, 07:13 AM
johnsc,

Thanks for the details. I'm gonna go with your information that the HD electrical system is probably not an issue. I've been kinda burned already on my KR screw and am just gonna be very picky now. I've still got a long way to go before all the issues with my '01 KR are resolved.

You may have seen my thread on quality problems with my '01 KR on this forum. If not, then please do 'cause I would love to get your input now knowing your job function, if that would be possible.

BTW, you are right in my backyard so to speak. We are probably just 30-45 minutes away from one another. Not that it changes anything but it just is kinda neat.

Talk later,
DaveMan

Old 10-18-2001, 04:30 PM
Thanks

Thanks for the info John SC. I figured it wouldn't apply to me. But now that we know what you do, why not inform us on what its like on the "other side" (dealer vs customer). And I have another question for ya, who really runs the show at dealerships, the service manager or the sales manager? Just FYI in case I ever have to do battle with a service issue. It seems at my dealership that the service manager doesn't really know anything or really care, but the sales manager always went out of his way to make sure I was satisfied, even after the sale. Thanks again.

Cajun

Quick Reply: Final Resolution to the Radiator Issue