SuperCrew

SCrew Amp Mount

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SCrew Amp Mount

I am installing an amp that measures 11.75 X 2.625 X 11.125 in my 01 SuperCrew and I would like to mount it under the front passenger seat (the truck is equipped with the console and captains chairs). I think 2.625” of vertical clearance is not available under the seat without modifications. It appears that there is an air handler-type vent that directs air to the back seat – it eats up some vertical clearance and the seat adjuster bar hangs rather low below the seat. I’m thinking about removing the seat, then removing the blower vent under the seat to see if the amp will then fit. I would also like to run my amp power cord through the air vent from the front center if this is possible. Has anyone tried any of this? Any alternative mounting suggestions? I’m also looking at the storage area behind the left rear seat, but would rather not eat up that nice storage space. Under the rear seat is also a possibility, but you can’t fold down the seat if the amp is under there. Need help from someone who has been there. Thanks!

Old 10-18-2001, 01:55 PM
Screw Amp Mount

Hey, i had my AMP installed. I have a Kenwood 645, don't ask me the dimensions. however, he installed it under the passenger seat. it does stick out a lil from behind the front seat. only noticable if the front passenger seat is pulled all the way forward. but thats the only place they sugg. hopes this helps.

Newby

Old 10-18-2001, 02:44 PM
The advantage of having it under the seat is the cooling. I would want mine behind the back seat but that would require a serious custom install and some other work.

Old 10-19-2001, 04:13 PM
Most amps will fit behind the rear seats, but they will not cool as well. Mine are below the front seats.

Quick Reply: SCrew Amp Mount