SuperCrew

Quality? Not in this truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2001, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-07-2001, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the links Jimmy. Been trying to find lemon law criteria for my state. Now I've got them. I don't even have my truck yet (next week), but I wan't to be prepared just in case.

Old 01-10-2001, 10:08 AM
I want to thank you all for the moral support, and post an update of the situation here...after going several rounds with the Victory Ford General Manager, I have agreed to take the free extended warranty (75K/5yrs), and a written letter stating after this tranny job is done that their Service Manager rates the truck at 100%. Then, if something ELSE goes wrong (whats left?) we will both team up against Ford corporate and get the truck replaced. I have learned a LOT about how the ford system works. The dealers are simply franchises, they are sometimes just as ignored by Ford as the customers. The regional Ford rep, in this case Ms. Lisa Williams (more about my opinion of her later) is the equivalent of Ford God. She can wiggle her nose and get me a new truck *if she wants to*. She works with the dealers in east TN, and apparently just didnt feel that I had been inconvenienced enough by all this to deserve a new truck, even though the dealer was making this request on my behalf. It is with her I am the most irritated. Apparently these regaional reps can negotiate guidelines with their dealer network regarding whether or not they are willing to be contacted directly by consumer. Ms. Williams,the coward, will not allow this. Ford corporate will not release any contact information for her, so i have virtually NO way to contact her and try to negotiate a better deal. She is basically screwing me and Victory Ford because its Victory Ford that's going to lose the most money if I start the media action. So, in an effort to be fair to VF, i am going to play the wait and see game, hope the truck gets fixed for good this time, and if not, there will be no choice but to launch the outdoor advertising boards and sue Ford. I have agreed to hold back on the outdoor advertising, and give this truck ONE more try. I would love to post the pics of the billboards, they are awesome, but i dont want the wrong people to get a look at them in advance...

Old 01-30-2001, 08:18 AM
Thumbs up

Just wanted to update everyone...third transmission went into the truck last week, it still thunks, it still does not work. The sales manager stepped in over the owner's head, and had me a new S-crew in one hour. Unbelievable! Had I been dealing with him from the beginning im sure it wouldn't have taken 3 months. The new one is wonderful, it's a Gen II, seems much better overall than the first one. I asked what they would do with my old one, and he said he would fix it and sell it...I laughed. The service manager also laughed...he feels that truck will never be fixed. So, Ford finally came thru and im hoping the new one can tow the line!

Old 01-30-2001, 11:36 PM
Good for you!! Ford loss thats great. I'm still having paint problems, but rest of truck is great. Gen III truck.

Old 03-01-2001, 03:31 PM
SuperScrew,
Just a quick note to say I too live in Knoxville Tn, and plan on buying a new Screw soon. I usually deal with Ted Russell because I bought an Expy two years that the sales manager sold me. I never buy from sales people. I go straight to the manager. This usually removes all the haggle crap that you have to put up with. I too had a bad experience with Dean Stallings in Oak Ridge about 5 years ago. Since then, I have bought three Fords to which Dean Stallings can't count any of the profit. They made a bad choice. I drove around with a self made sticker on my rear window for about a year. Anyone seen the "Pee on Ford" or "Pee on Chevy" stickers? I got a Dean Stallings logo from the dealership through a friend, and bought a "Pee on" sticker and cut the little man off. I put the man and the Dean Stallings sticker on my back window. Man, did it generate a lot of laughs. Glad to hear you finally got your problem resolved.

Rick

Old 03-01-2001, 07:12 PM
Good luck with their dispute resoultion board. A co-worker has a Cougar that's had tons of brake problems. She has just about gone crazy dealing with the *******s from Ford. She has family working at Ford and gets the A plan, but the next one won't be a Ford due to the treatment she's gotten from her dealer and FORD. It's really amazing the total lack of respect for the customer that FORD and some of their dealers have.

------------------
2000 F150 XLT 4x4 Short Bed. Amazon Green, 5.4L, SuperCab, ORP, Tow Package, Sliding Rear Window, Electronic Shift, Keyless Entry, LT265-70-17 Tires, Clarion Pro Audio, Herculiner Bedliner, Air Silencer Removed.

1994 SVT Mustang Cobra. #1032 of 6009. Black coupe with black leather int., 3.73 rear, Bassani Exhaust, Aluminum D/S, Bridgestone RE-71 255-45-ZR17

My Home Page

Old 07-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just wish they had more HP from the 5.4

Old 08-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by rotts4u
How in the holy heck did you manage to dig up a 9 1/2 year old thread? I know I am a month late but I am impressed.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by rotts4u
Sure sounds like a good idea.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Quackaddict
How in the holy heck did you manage to dig up a 9 1/2 year old thread? I know I am a month late but I am impressed.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:42 PM
I hear more power is on the way for 2011. Maybe I will get a 150 next time.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:42 PM
My boss got the 150 with the 6.0 and it is strong for sure.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ok this thread wont die...

Old 03-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Was very suprised to see that this thread was started almost 10 years ago... I was worried at first since I have placed an order for a 2012 F150 SCREW to replace my 2000 F150 SCAB... Thank goodness it's not a new one.

Quick Reply: Quality? Not in this truck