SuperCrew

Huge Ford Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 07:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Huge Ford Sale

Well I have been looking at many SUVs as well as the supercrew and just as I had finally let my wife talk me out of the Supercrew my dealer calls me today and tells me that they are running a sale. $49 UNDER invoice Plus I get to keep the 500$ rebate and the 3.9% financing on 36 months. WOW

Im really sweating now !!

Don

Old 02-15-2001, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at a dealer about a month ago and they were selling everything on the lot at invoice. They had 2 Lariats that were fully loaded but I dont want all those options so I ordered one. Also I think it is 2.9% for the 3 years.

So, are you gonna get one??

------------------
For Sale: 98 F150 XLT S/C,4x4

On Order: 01 SCrew Lariat Beige/Blue 4WD, 5.4L, Tow, Moon roof,LS, Steps, Sliding rear window, Bed extender

Old 02-16-2001, 09:09 AM
Smile

As my father would say, "Trust, but verify". No hassle (haggle) invoice price is great, + the cash rebate. I'ld bet they would give you the same price if you ordered, perhaps not the cash back if it is not in effect.
BUT, you are responsible for knowing what invoice price is, I would not take there word for it.
Good luck, I picked mine up a week ago and love the truck!

------------------
Craig Brossman
2001 SCrew 5.4L 4WD Lariat
Az Beige/Wedgewood Blue
Cpts. chairs, Moon roof, Tow package, CD changer
3.55 lim. slip, Rear slider, Skid plates
Mods:Ford Bedliner, Ford BugGaurd, Westin Step Bar, WeatherBoot Floor Mats, Gibson Swept Side

Old 02-16-2001, 08:55 PM
I met with the dealer yesterday and again today. The under invoice price is correct as is the 500 rebate. However it only applies to inventory on the lot. No order, no dealer transfers etc.

The will however order one for $500 over invoice. I went to the other local dealer who knew of their sale and offered me $100 under invoice and they have the exact truck I wanted. They even had two King Ranch models.

I liked the white lariat 4wd the wife prefered the chestnut king ranch.

Go figure. Now we have to work this out.

Old 02-17-2001, 05:43 PM
Cool

That sounds great. Maybe I should have had the patience to wait for one. I picked mine up yesterday (White w/ silver accent). they didn't have it local, so I couldn't work quite the deal since they had to get it from another dealer approx. 200 miles away.

Funny though, you should be able to order a new one AT invoice! When you order one, the dealer has to pay absolutely nothing AND he gets 100% of the dealer holdback because it is not sitting on his lot as inventory. I bet if you shopped around, you would find a dealer who would let you order one at involice price or maybe $50 over. $500 sounds a little lmuch. That is what I paid for mine, and I didn't have to wait for the thing to be built!

Good luck.

I love mine!

Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 PM
I wish I could get a new 2010 at Invoice. The local Ford dealers are NOt interested in dealing it seems

Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 PM
In August, I bought my Supercrew Lariat .

I got it at dealer invoice, minus rebates, $1000 out of his holdback , free spray in liner/ free tint with no haggling.

Your deal doesn't sound unusual at all. You can probably hold out for better since we are almost into December already.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dealer invoice minus all rebates is an average, fair deal. Anything under that is a good deal, anything over and you are paying too much.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Yep. Got my 2010 Harley-Davidson at Invoice minus about $5500 in rebates. Total came in about 20% below MSRP. They threw in the window tint, and gave me a hell of a deal on my trade-in. I couldn't walk away.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Wow that was a good deal !!

Old 10-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Are the dealers offering anything good as far as deals under invoice etc?

Old 07-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Just so you guys have an FYI on how this works: dealers dont buy the vehicles, they lease them. The invoice price includes a 3 month lease by the dealer on the vehicle. This means even at invoice they are making money. I've never had a problem getting a vehicle under invoice except an SVT vehicle, which i've paid either 500 or 1000 over invoice depending on the vehicles (gt500/raptor)

Old 07-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by romale23
Just so you guys have an FYI on how this works: dealers dont buy the vehicles, they lease them. The invoice price includes a 3 month lease by the dealer on the vehicle. This means even at invoice they are making money. I've never had a problem getting a vehicle under invoice except an SVT vehicle, which i've paid either 500 or 1000 over invoice depending on the vehicles (gt500/raptor)

I know this is an old thread you just replied to, but I work in finance for a vehicle mfger. I set pricing, design incentive programs, etc. so the info you posted is so wrong I won't be able to sleep without correcting it.

That price you se isn't "invoice" it's "wholesale." Wholesale - incentives = invoice. Those are dealer incentives, not your incentives like rebates. Incentives vary but larger dealers could still be clearing 10% or more selling at wholesale. You will NEVER see the net invoice amount because it is confidential, dealers aren't even supposed to compare notes or they can get penalized. And you know you are seeing wholesale because other dealers have the same number.

Dealers don't "lease" vehicles, they "floor plan" them. The dealer owns the truck, there is a loan against it which is paid off when the truck sells, and one of the abvailable incentives usually is the factory pays the loan interest for x months which varies. When x months expires the dealer pays the interest, and if it sits too long (goes non-current) he has to start paying off principal. That IS the dealers truck once the carrier arrives at his lot.

Just the facts.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:46 PM
^^That is EXACTLY how it works..........^^^^ Worked for mega dealers for 23 years.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the info. This will be a big help the next time I trade vehicles

Quick Reply: Huge Ford Sale