SuperCrew

Expedition Center Console Installation in SuperCrew

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2000, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have the center console without the rear controls? If so, where did you get it. As far as I can tell LWM only has this style of console.

Old 10-30-2000, 08:07 AM
Thumbs up

Jumping over to this posting due to the great instructions at the top. Ordered mine from LWM late last week and waiting for the brown truck to arrive. Sat in a 97 Expy the other day and liked the layout of the console. Opened it and found the CD stacker in it. Mine (98 scab) is behind the driver door. Would love to relocate to the console for the convenience. Is this possible? As for the audio controls, I could care less if they are usable, a good search in the bone yard might find a suitable ash tray to fill the hole. (even though smoking is not permitted in the truck) How does the Heat/AC get to the rear cabin? Should I be concerned?
Thanks in advance, Dennis.

Old 10-30-2000, 08:12 AM
Thumbs up

Jumping over to this posting due to the great instructions at the top. Ordered mine from LWM late last week and waiting for the brown truck to arrive. Sat in a 97 Expy the other day and liked the layout of the console. Opened it and found the CD stacker in it. Mine (98 scab) is behind the driver door. Would love to relocate to the console for the convenience. Is this possible? As for the audio controls, I could care less if they are usable, a good search in the bone yard might find a suitable ash tray to fill the hole. (even though smoking is not permitted in the truck) How does the Heat/AC get to the rear cabin? Should I be concerned?
Thanks in advance, Dennis.

Old 10-30-2000, 04:21 PM
I called L&M on the expy console. I was informed I need the 97/98 narrow console, in order to use my arm rest. I have noticed an yellow tint in the tan on the older expedition. Has anyone had a color matching problem?? What are people filling the back hole with?? My screw built date was Aug 00, does have arm rest with taupe tan leather.
Any comments from you experts that have been down the road, before I go off the deep end and screw up this high dollar machine that I worked hard and waited long to get.
Thanks
covsnest@netdoor.com

[This message has been edited by brewj (edited 10-30-2000).]

Old 11-02-2000, 06:10 PM
Question

Fitted mine today and it does'nt sit on the floor but rather "floats" approx. 1" off the carpet. Will remove tomorrow and see if I can do something. Perhaps the bracket is upside down? Any suggestions? TIA, Dennis

Old 11-02-2000, 07:03 PM
Smile

fourhour - mine also "floats" about 1" off the floor - does'nt bother me & I'm REAL picky!

brewj - to fill the hole in the rear I just got a piece of 1/4" cherry plywood about 4" X 5" rectangle and 2 flat metal brackets and screwed it in from inside the console.

Hope this helps

------------------
Y2K+1 F-150 SCrew
4x2 Lariat 5.4
Black\Silver 2-Tone
Hideous Lariat Striping Removed!!!
Med.Graphite Captain's Chairs
Power Moon Roof
98 Expy Console
Kenwood KDC-9011 & KDC-D300 Stacked In Dash
Class 3 Towing Group
3.55 Limited Slip Axle
Factory Bed Extender
Ameraguard Spray In Liner

Pictures

[This message has been edited by SgtFury (edited 11-02-2000).]

Old 02-08-2001, 11:59 AM
Would I be able to put this in a SuperCab?
Anyone want to trade for my 2000 Lariat Leather Medium Graphite 60/40 split bench seats with power driver's seat? It would have to be a power driver's captain's chair as well.
Please e-mail me if so.

Lariat4wd@yahoo.com

------------------
--Lariat4WD--

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Flareside 4x4 Lariat
5.4L;auto;3.55LS;Black/Silver;ORP;remote keyless;floor-shift 4wd;Class III;AM/FM/SingleCD
Mods so far:
Lund X-Terminator bug shield; Vent Shade Vent Visors; Westin Black step bars; Pendaliner bedliner; GSP black Safari Grille Guard; GTS TailBlazerII Slotted taillight covers; Clear corner lenses; under hitch backup lights; 2 KC Hilites Daylighter 6" 150W black round; Cranked torsion bars; Removed lower striping; Replaced factory ORP decals w/ silver; 2 Polk Audio EX10 10" subs under rear seat; Sony XM754HX amp; Viper 300ESP alarm
Pending
Replacing factory gold/maroon Lariat decals & upper stripes with silver & black
Wish list:
More lights; Flowmaster 40 Series single to dual exhaust w/ 18" SS tips out back; Optima red top battery; Remote starter & Prox. sensor; In-dash TV/CD/DVD/AM/FM head unit; Build house w/ huge garage with a drain and a lift.

Please Visit My Web Site (Updated Daily) and Sign My Guest Book

[This message has been edited by lariat4wd (edited 02-08-2001).]

Old 02-08-2001, 01:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

lariat4wd,

Yes it will work in a SuperCab. See my pictures at my site in my signature.

Blue

------------------

'98 F-150 XLT SuperCab Flareside, Auto, 4.6L, 4X2, 3.55 LS, 6-CD changer, Moonlight Blue with tan interior, Captains Chairs

Mods:Window tint, Extang Classic Platinum Tonno, Lund Interceptor bug deflector, Wizard Superwhite Bulbs, Pendaliner bedliner, Expedition center console
My F-150 Page
Expedition Console How-to

Old 02-13-2001, 09:28 PM
I finally ordered mine today from the outfit in OK. I'm not sure if I got taken or not but they asked me what kind of quality I was looking for. I told them I wanted one with as little as imperfections as possible. They said the higher quality consoles were $125.00 I hadn't heard that before but really didn't want to put a banged up console in my new Crew so...

We shall see. If it isn't close to perfect I will be asking for some $$$ back!

Old 02-13-2001, 09:47 PM
kkirt1, I got mine from lwm last week. would have been in excellent shape, but when they shipped it they didn't wrap it in any thing, so it was scuffed from the cardboard. It did clean up after about two hours of cleaning. plan to install this weekend.

P.S. Haven't tried the door chime trick yet.

------------------
SEE YA, DOINIT 2001 F-150 4X2 SuperCrew XLT, Exterior Island Blue, Interior Medium Parchment, 5.4L, 3.55 Limited Slip, Sliding Rear Window, Remote Entry, 6-Disc CD Changer, Captains Chairs, Towing Package

Old 06-13-2004, 12:08 AM
FedExPilot,
can you re-post the photos included with the Expy console install instructions. I have been trying to pull the photos up, but with no success. Thanks.

Old 06-14-2004, 02:21 AM
I cant see the pics either. Please repost.

Old 08-04-2004, 01:38 AM
Hey, guys-

FedExPilot has not posted in a while, but I found the pics (minus captions) in his gallery on this site.

FYI,

Mike

Old 08-04-2004, 04:18 AM
I put the grey subwoofer in mine, it looks factory, the color is real close

Old 09-16-2004, 11:48 AM
expedition console

Originally posted by kkirt1
Does anyone have the center console without the rear controls? If so, where did you get it. As far as I can tell LWM only has this style of console.
I just bought one from a 2002 which is gray without the rear controls for 225 complete with liner and floor brackets.

I called Justin at 800.541.3011 ext. 8861. It's not new but the pics look like it is. He also advertises on ebay.

It will look sweet between the cobra daytona seats!

Later

Quick Reply: Expedition Center Console Installation in SuperCrew