SuperCrew

Sagging Driver Seat in the SuperCrew

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 5000 miles ont it and have noticed the leather is getting wrinkled pretty good and have wondered about this. It is not yet sagging though. I make an effort to not drag my fat **** over it now. I am haveing my dealer install the steps for it on Tue. I hope this will help with getting over the seat better

Old 11-11-2002, 05:51 PM
My only compaint about the seats are that the leather is slightly cracked on the sides.

I don't know what Generation my SCrew is. Can someone tell me what year(s) each Generation was made?

Old 11-14-2002, 02:59 PM
Exclamation Seats

I don't have leather on mine ,have not sagged yet , But it makes alot of creeking noise from the lower back lumbar area both sides too. Between the Engine knock, tranny thump And the front seats , this thing is driving me crazy.
Just more to add to the list for next service stop .

Old 11-14-2002, 05:45 PM
I have 8000 miles on my seats and the drivers left side bolster is showing alot of wrinkles. It's still firm, but I can see where in a couple of years it could break down. I'm 6'4", 220 and I try not to drag my butt over the bolster when getting out but (no pun intended) it happens.
Steve

Old 11-14-2002, 09:48 PM
Re: Seats

Originally posted by X11SS350
But it makes alot of creeking noise from the lower back lumbar area both sides too.
I just bought my Screw used with 35000 miles on her. I noticed a creaking noise in the seat-backs on both the drivers side and the passenger side. Took it in and i am waiting for the lumbar support parts to come in right now. Repaired under warranty. Also getting a new steering wheel (leather worn in places) and a driver side headrest(felt a little wonky). Take yours in and get your seats fixed under the warranty.

Old 01-14-2003, 04:23 PM
My personal Screw is an 01-Gen 1 Lariat, with 21,000 miles. I have the leather 60/40, and my drivers side slopes to the outside as well. Has anyone had this problem fixed under warranty. I've got until April before the warranty is up, and I want to get this taken care of.
Thanks.

Old 01-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Ive had my truck for about 3 weeks now and I thought I was going crazy. It feels as if Im leaning to the left slightly. I plan on taking it back to the dealer and getting it looked at. Would really like to hear from someone that has had this fixed.

Tom

Old 01-14-2003, 09:36 PM
It's not just me then

Mine is an '03 SCrew XLT with cloth bench. I've only had it for 2 months and 1100 miles. I started noticing the driver seat leaning to the left when I look at it after 1 month. I'm only 5'7" and 160 lbs. This is not good!!!

Old 01-14-2003, 10:51 PM
Ford F150 seats suck! Prior to the new body style I feel that Ford had the best captains chairs of any manufacturer. The new seats are a disgrace. The leather is horrid, the padding breaks down, the armrest is a vinyl covered joke. There is no comfort level!

I never except the dealer leather on anything I buy. I work into the deal aftermarket leather at your local specialty shop. That way the dealer pays and I get the best leather available and all the extra padding my tush can handle.

BTW we do have the 04's to look forward to, maybe the seats will be better.

Anyone have any info on the new SVT Cobras for 04???

Old 01-15-2003, 12:30 AM
Spring poked through to the back of my left leg. Dealer replaced under warranty. Original seat cushion had round plastic cover covering the end of the wire spring. The round plastic cover eventually fell off and the spring went through the fabric and scratched the back of my leg. Took 4 weeks to get new seat parts in. New cushion feels firmer than original, and I can't feel the spring at all. New seat cover fabric matched the original perfectly. Happened at about 12K miles, now I have 25K and no problems since. GEN I with power captain chair and cloth dark graphite cover.

Old 01-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

2001 'Screw with 60/40 cloth seats.

Very comfortable, no sagging. (6'2", 220lbs.)

Dealer replaced both lumbars at 29K...

No problems with seats since... (Knock on wood)

Old 01-16-2003, 01:56 PM
B-man,

What was wrong with your Lumbars? I think I read something about a squeaking sound, was that it?

Old 01-23-2007, 09:57 PM
More on uncomfortable seats!

I'm with you, brother! I find the seats very uncomfortable with the same problems you have described! I thought I found the ultimate truck for me which is a 2003 King Ranch. I love the looks of the leather, I love the package name, and I love the style of the truck, both inside and out. The problem occurs when I drive it. There is no joy after 5 minutes down the road! I was so excited when I first bought the truck, but now I'm thinking of selling it. I was going to try and make a seat cushion to compensate the comfort problems but it seems it didn't help you! Does anybody think an upholstery shop can do anything to resolve these problems while keeping the factory look of the seats and not breaking my bank account?

Originally Posted by dale29
I'm not happy with the seats, they are very uncomfortable.

I had a 6/02 (Manf date) Screw for about a week, the seats were fine, very hard, but the side bolsters were not as high.

The truck I bought is a 1/02 (manf date) the seats are rock hard and the bottom cusion is about wide enough for 1.5 cheeks, the side bolsters are 4" tall and hit me right in the outer hamstrings, they put my legs to sleep after about 10 min it's actually painful to drive. I had to make a cushion to raise the level of the seat bottom about 2", it's better, but not as good as the later manf date.

It would be nice if Ford would have to start recalling seats instead of more tires.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by jphillips516
I'm with you, brother! I find the seats very uncomfortable with the same problems you have described! I thought I found the ultimate truck for me which is a 2003 King Ranch. I love the looks of the leather, I love the package name, and I love the style of the truck, both inside and out. The problem occurs when I drive it. There is no joy after 5 minutes down the road! I was so excited when I first bought the truck, but now I'm thinking of selling it. I was going to try and make a seat cushion to compensate the comfort problems but it seems it didn't help you! Does anybody think an upholstery shop can do anything to resolve these problems while keeping the factory look of the seats and not breaking my bank account?

those places make a good buck let me tell ya , i have a 96 caddi drivers seat is like on the floor and seriously hurts. lol
they wanted 280.00 just to re pack it .
needless to say i dont drive it much, take the malibu for those short trips .
cant comment yet on the 150 as its just months new, but i have found the leather crap as it discolors fast .
have not tried to clean it yet but errrrrrrrrrrrr less then three months and discoloration ??????
jeans ? coats ?
displeased with the fading.
if your pleased with the truck besides the seat i would pop for the re pack, and im sure it will be better then new.
by the way kudos for bringing back an old post stead of startin new.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Maybe you all are just a bunch of fat asses screwing up your seats! J/k I had the same problem in my 98 expy. Hopefully they fixed the problem before the 07s.

Quick Reply: Sagging Driver Seat in the SuperCrew