SuperCrew

Sagging Driver Seat in the SuperCrew

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I have both problems at 3500 miles. Seat is sagging to the left side and the seat bottom is pulling from the seat back showing the cloth edge.
I weigh 190 lbs and this is ridiculous!
I am very disappointed with this seat. It is a Gen III.

Old 07-05-2001, 09:10 PM
any of you king ranchers notice any problems with your front captains chairs?? i noticed that they look a little differrent than the other captains chairs in the lariat and xlt.

Old 07-10-2001, 12:27 AM
8,000 miles on gen 3 leather captains chairs.
No sagging at all. Perhaps it has to do with dragging ones rear end across them. I'm tall and thin egnough to plant my can in the sweet spot with no problem. I also weigh 205 lbs and have no spring in my butt either. Knock on wood.

Old 07-10-2001, 06:42 PM
no sagging

Generation I 20,000 miles no saggin at all. 200lbs

Old 07-11-2001, 11:56 PM
I don't have a leaning problem with my split bench seat,, my problem is the driver side is lower than the passengers(not a problem for me but it is for my wife) any body else notice this?

Old 09-05-2002, 06:06 AM
Sagging Driver Seat in the SuperCrew

Curious to know if anyone had the problem fixed under warranty?
I have a 2002 with the left side sag also.
Thanks,
James

Old 09-05-2002, 06:44 AM
Angry Same sag.

I always thought it was my big ars that was causing the seat to break down. But now that I think about it the best seats I ever had in a car were in a 79 accord. Those seats huggged me and never showed signs of wear. Glad to hear I'm not alone. Oh by the way 6'5" and 255 lbs.

Old 09-05-2002, 09:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
20K and no sagging... you're supposed to raise your **** off the seat when entering and exiting the vehicle........

Old 09-05-2002, 10:48 AM
I have 21K with the split bench. The bottom foam is clearly beginning to pack down and bottom out. There is no visable wear or any left side problems. I weight about 210. The truck build date is 8/2000 but it has gen II seats.

My other Ford truck is 26 years old and the seats still don't bottom out!

D.Kolb - you said the frame is wearing into the seat! What type of seat do you have?

Old 09-05-2002, 11:11 AM
My seat shows signs of wear at 39,000 but the comfort is still there . My brother and I drove from California to Missouri and back . Straight thru only stopping for gas and food . Neither one of suffered from TB (tired butt) . In fact he was so impressed with the comfort he traded his car for a new Screw last week (I am still trying get him on line here). In my Screw , I think the padding settling actually helped the comfort . Some people prefer that broken-in Levi feel and some prefer the new look while others demand both . It's just a matter of preference .

Old 09-05-2002, 01:26 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by TroyK
any of you king ranchers notice any problems with your front captains chairs?? i noticed that they look a little differrent than the other captains chairs in the lariat and xlt.
In my quest to find out information about installing the seat cooler, similar to that in the Blackwoods and Navigator, I found out quite a bit about the foam in the KING RANCH seats.

It's a different type of foam than what is used in the standard XLT Lariat and, from what I understand, made by a different company.

The name of the company that makes the foam for the KR seats is CASHEL CUSHIONS (I think that's spelled correctly). They claim that, because of the Castano Leather (King Ranch Leather), they couldn't allow as much 'flex' and 'stretch' to the leather because the leather is much softer and more supple versus that of the Lariat which is treated and manufactured in a different process. Basically, leather starts the same at first but, through manufacturing, they add the color and also make it more durable. In short, the King Ranch Leather has undergone much less 'treatment off the cow's back' versus that of the Lariat and thus, stiffer seats were necessary to avoid ripping at the stitching.

**so I'm told**

I'm pretty darn sure that this is useless to most but, there's the theory behind the type of cushion used in the seats.... or at least the King Ranch seats.

RP

Old 09-05-2002, 09:40 PM
I had the driver seat fixed under warranty because of the wire poking through of my first gen 1 screw. No questions. I haven't noticed a problem with my new screw, but the seats aren't very comfortable.

Rick

Old 09-06-2002, 11:41 AM
Thumbs down

I'm not happy with the seats, they are very uncomfortable.

I had a 6/02 (Manf date) Screw for about a week, the seats were fine, very hard, but the side bolsters were not as high.

The truck I bought is a 1/02 (manf date) the seats are rock hard and the bottom cusion is about wide enough for 1.5 cheeks, the side bolsters are 4" tall and hit me right in the outer hamstrings, they put my legs to sleep after about 10 min it's actually painful to drive. I had to make a cushion to raise the level of the seat bottom about 2", it's better, but not as good as the later manf date.

It would be nice if Ford would have to start recalling seats instead of more tires.

Old 09-07-2002, 05:44 PM
Count yourself lucky..

The spring on my Lariat seat broke shoved through the leather and embedded itself in my posterior.

Replaced under warranty - so far so good. My rear end is marked for life though.

Quality is Job??

Old 11-05-2002, 11:37 PM
snj
So does anyone have a source for cheap replacementr seat foam? preformed?

Quick Reply: Sagging Driver Seat in the SuperCrew