SuperCrew

Wheelwell clearance

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2000, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wheelwell clearance

The first supercrew arrived in Santa Barabara and the dealer called before it was off the truck. My wife and I went over to see it within a half hour of being unloaded. We fell in love with it, but I had a tough time paying MSRP, so we left without it. Before we got home my wife had talked me into it, I called back and they had not sold it and we went back and bought it. It is a 4x4 Lariat white, limited slip, skid plates, 17" crome on steel wheel, and captain chairs.

After getting it home I was looking at the rear wheels and noticed their is only 1.5" of clearance at the back edge of the wheelwell. It doesn't look like enough clearance of snow chains. Does anyone else have the 4x4 with 17"? Could you check your wheel clearance and see if your is any bigger?

As for other threads on this list: I want to get nerf bars and will look at the accesories catalog, my truck has a steel drive shaft

------------------
'01 Lariat Supercrew 4X4 loaded

Old 02-27-2000, 02:47 AM
Cool

Truckdog,

I checked my SuperCrew and the clearance with the 17" wheels is only about 1.5-2". Will need modification of fender flare if putting on taller tires. I personally like the 17" rims and tire size, so will not be changing these. Picked my truck up on the 2/17 and just put gas in it yesterday- 11.17 MPG, some different than my 4 cylinder car that I sold.

------------------
2001 F-150 SuperCrew, Harvest Gold Clearcoat Metallic, 4x4 Lariat, 5.4L, 3.55 L/S, Skid plates, Sliding Rear Window, Tailer Towing package, Westin Step Bars,Tinted Windows, K&N Air Filter. Future Mods- Flowmaster Muffler and exhaust tip, SuperChip, Herculiner.

[This message has been edited by GoldSuperCrew (edited 02-27-2000).]

Old 02-27-2000, 09:19 AM
Gold,

Thank you for checking yours. Is that 1.5-2" both at the front edge and rear edge of your tire? My passenger-side rear tire has 1.5" on the back edge but 3.25" inches on the front edge. Drivers-side Has 2" and 2.75". I would like to see an equal amount infront of and behind the tire and shouldn't both sides be the same?

I only have 150 miles on mine so far. I will update gas usage when I fill up next.

Quick Reply: Wheelwell clearance