SuperCrew

ordered new supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2000, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ordered new supercrew

I ordered my supercrew on 2-17-00.It's an xlt 4x4 white with tan lowers,6 disc cd, power captains chairs,center console,power everything,moonroof,3:55LS,tow pkg,17" wheels,5.4.... plus all the standard features.I saw one for the first time tues. at my local dealer,they are the coolest trucks I've ever seen.I have not gotten a firm delivery date as of yet,expected in late march,i'll keep my fingers crossed. This is the truck i've been waiting for... I had a 1998 f-150 2 wheel drive i sold to a guy at work,he was nice enough to give me his truck to drive until mine comes in. Has anyone out there picked theres up yet? I would be intrested too know if they are really as good as they look.If you would like to you can e-mail me directly at richardwesterman@hotmail.com I have used the info on this site to help me in my decision making process,thanks for posting this site.

Old 02-25-2000, 09:37 PM
I've picked mine up two days ago and it was well worth the wait. I sweated all summer long in a car that had no a/c for 3 years to get this truck and it paid off. I'm still getting used to sitting so high in a vehicle but it feels great to be looking down for once. The truck rides so smooth and it even rides a lot different that the supercab. My truck is similar to what you ordered. 4x4 XLT, captain chairs, white. I didn't get the moonroof, leather, or the 17" wheels. I really didn't like the look of the 17" XLT wheels. My expected delivery date was 2/28 and my build date was 2/14. It was ready for delivery on 2/23. I placed my order on 1/21. The delivery was a lot sooner than expected so hopefully yours will to. I can't wait till accessories are available. I will definately need nerf bars for my wife and child. If you have any more questions just ask.

Old 02-25-2000, 10:06 PM
native,glad too hear you got your truck.so,tell me is it everything the hype built it up to be.I am kind of uneasy about buying a truck i've never driven.however,i had great luck with my 98 f-150,and info gained here on this site made it easier to decide.please tell me about your handling,ride characteristics ect....things changed from past trucks to this model.I hope i'm not asking to much but i need to know.

Old 02-25-2000, 10:09 PM
native, the nerf bars you are looking for are available at your ford dealer in thier accessory catalog...

Old 02-25-2000, 11:03 PM
Rick,
Did you see an accessory catalogue for the Supercrew? I've seen the F150 one, but it does not have the longer running boards or nerf boards for the SCrew.

------------------
2001 SuperCrew, 4x4 Lariat, Blue/silver, 5.4L Auto Leather, Moon roof, everything but the TV (On Order)

Old 02-26-2000, 12:43 AM
supercrew, yes they do have the nerf bars in the supercrew catalog. go to http://pages.net/fourtrax200/crew.htm to see them, this is the exact truck i ordered from ford. hope this helps you out....

Old 02-26-2000, 01:14 AM
Rick,in answer to how the truck rides. The vehicle is very stable and smooth. Before I ordered my supercrew I test drove a 2000 4x4 supercab. To me the difference was night and day. The supercrew has a different suspension than the supercabs to compensate for additional passengers. I also ordered the truck blind and I'm not all disapointed. You will be happy once you truck comes in. Thanks for the info on the nerf bars.

Old 02-26-2000, 01:17 AM
Rick, is the link you posted dead? I tried to visit the site but the server can't be found.

Old 02-26-2000, 01:24 AM
no it's not dead i just went there today. try the f150online photo gallery the same truck is pictured there

Old 02-26-2000, 01:36 AM
native,i'm looking at the supercrew brochuer on the back page they show the chrome nerfs on the truck.they also come in black. thier listed as dealer installed accessories.

Old 02-26-2000, 01:40 AM
native, did you know the bed sides are plastic. I was shocked..... but,most other trucks coming out are also the same material.all of chevy's new trucks,including the duallies are plastic bed sides.

Old 02-27-2000, 12:52 AM
Rick:
I test drove a 5.4 Supercrew today for the first time, and the ride and handling is great. So are the looks. My 6'2" brother-in-law was with me, and he had lots of room in front, and sufficient room in back, even with the front seat all the way back. He even had 6" headroom to spare. My wife tried it, and she's 4'11". She loved the power pedals - no more seat cushion to be able to see out the window. Took home the owner's manual to read - can't believe hhow much computers have taken over - many functions can be programmed/reprogrammed i.e. compass, beltminder, radio, keys, etc. One minor complaint is that for the price, they could have put in a second visor. Checked an Expedition, and we think we can swap a dual visor for the original that's in the Supercrew. But all in all, a great truck.

Old 02-27-2000, 10:20 AM
Rick, I guess we will have to get used to the plastic invading all manf trucks. I didn't know they were plastic untill I went to pick it up. Oh well, we will just have to get used to that. Waltesa, is right about the room. My brother-in-law was with me when I picked up the truck. He is about 6'4" and had plenty of room in the back. I think I will wait to get the nerf bars until some other manufactures start selling them. I think I will get a better price then. Also my same brother-in-law owns a tint shop and also sells a lot of accessories for trucks and cars. I'm not sure what brands but he already said he would order what I need at cost. Thats nice to know. I'm also glad all the rear windows come factory tinted. Once the weather clears a little I'm going to put on a Herculiner bed and will also add a bug deflector.

Quick Reply: ordered new supercrew