SuperCrew

Supercrew audio systems

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2000, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Supercrew audio systems

I'm about to order a Supercrew Lariat, but don't like the single CD radio without cassette. I don't want to order a 6-disc changer (and lose half the console space)just to get a cassette. My dealer tells me I can get a radio cassette combo without CD, but I'd like to get the dual media radio(CD/Cassette)that's in the Windstar/Excursion. Does anyone know if this will fit in the Supercrew? If so, can the rear radio controls in the Supercrew allow the kids to listen to something different than those in the front seat? Also, where will the VCR go for the A/V option?

Old 02-19-2000, 09:38 AM
Sorry I don't have the answer. I just thought it was interesting to see someone planning mods on a truck that has only been in production for 2 weeks! Gotta love the American truck owner.

You have the bug and as far as I know, science has no cure

Good luck.

------------------
'97 F150 Lariat, Flareside, white/sliver, SC, ORP, 5.4 (FQR 8/99) running Mobil 1
Mods: 305/70/16 GY ATS, AR Baja wheels, dual exhaust, Smittybilt Nerf Bars, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, K&N Filter, Carbon Fiber Bug Gaurd and rigged the fog lights too.

Another great Ford truck site -www.fseries.com

Old 02-20-2000, 12:23 AM
There is a company who sells Ford audio systems aftermarket for a lot less than the dealer that could help you. I contacted them about getting a dual media for my Expy and they said that they sell a lot of them to Expy and F150 owners. It will bolt right in EXCEPT you have to trim some plastic behind the radio inside the dash. I ended up getting the console mounted changer because I didn't want to fool with changing out the radio. I'd post the URL, but I don't have it anymore. Look in the after market section of this site under "audio" for the URL of this company. I believe it was in a message about a in dash six disk changer Ford now has.

------------------
2000 Expedition XLT, 5.4, 3.31 Rear axle, 4R100, no other mods

Old 02-20-2000, 12:30 AM
Cool

Waltesa,
Just to let you know, there are no rear radio controls in the SuperCrew. So your kids will have to listen to what you do or watch the TV.

Old 02-20-2000, 09:43 PM
Talking

Thanks GoldSuperCrew: I read an article in the April 2000 Truck trend that said rear passengers would have HVAC vents and radio controls, but they may have been mixed up w/ the Explorer sport trac, which was also reviewed in that issue. I saw a Supercrew last night at the Toronto autoshow, and it didn't have the controls. I think I'll still go for the dual media radio, because I don't want to spend $500 Can for a six disc cd player just to get a cassette, while at the same time I lose 1/2 my console space. I still have no further info about the tv/vcr option available in March - the reps at the autoshow didn't even know it was to be an option - I'll try Ford directly tomorrow.

Old 02-21-2000, 02:26 PM
Unhappy

Walt-
Funny you mention Truck Trend. I got that same issue. They didn't even LOOK in the damn thing!! Obviously they used the Ford press kit pictures and info and didn't even get that right!! At first I was glad to see Truck Trend start, but after getting a couple of issues it is a joke. They do reviews of 10 SUV's and LOVE evry single one, no cutting or controversial info offered. Imagine they would think a 4 wheel drive bycycle is awesome, IF they get the advertising bucks!!! Of course most do this somewhat but they are the worst.

------------------
97' F150, blk, cap, 285's/python's

97 Expo'

Old 02-21-2000, 10:03 PM
Unhappy

For anyone interested in ordering a Supercrew, I found out from my dealer today that the top 3 accessories pkg (cab step, bug deflector and bedliner), as well as the entertainment system are not available until May 1!! Also, we think that the VCR will go in the console, since captain's chairs are required for the entertainment unit, and the screen will likely be on the ceiling, since the moonroof is unavailable.

Quick Reply: Supercrew audio systems