SuperCrew

Starting Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Starting Problems

Ok,here's the deal. I have a 07 Screw. It has a little over 6,000 miles. When I put gas in it, it has a problem starting. It takes like 3 times for it to turn over. This is the only time it struggles to start. I don't top it off. It doesn't matter if it is a couple dollars put in.

Taken to dealer, they reset chip. The next time I refilled, it again struggled to start. Took back to dealer second time, they put new fuel pump and new gas tank.

Refilled for 1st time since, struggled to start.

Anyone have this problem, and if so, what did they do to resolve it?

Thanks

Old 02-01-2008, 05:22 AM
First off when is it most pronounced? Is it when it's cold or hot or both? Short trips between starts or long or both? I'm going with a bad sensor output.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:16 AM
What do you mean by pronounced? It only has trouble starting when I put gas in it. It usually takes like 3 tries. I turn the key and it won't turn over. About the 3rd try, it starts. I bought the truck in November, so it has been just in the colder weather. Some days when I've filled up, it was above freezing temps. Does this answer you questions? I'm about to call the dealer again, and explode.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:49 AM
That's more like a Starter motor, wiring or soleniod issue. Maybe the PATS key too, don't know why they would change out the fuel tank??

Old 02-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Well the parts replaced are definitely not it. The tank has vapor trap lines and return lines. If the cold start fuel isn't getting shot into the intake that will cause it to start hard. Do you have no start from no engagement of the stater motor for a few tries? Another thing is if you want to explode tell it to a service rep that can go to the dealer and get things fixed. We're fortunate to have a sales lady that can get things done. Does the dealership even understand what the problem is? As new as your truck is do you think it's a lemon? Convince the right people and the dealer will have to buy it back.

Quick Reply: Starting Problems