SuperCrew

Call me stupid...Posting a picture????

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call me stupid...Posting a picture????

I still haven't figured out how to post a picture on this site All I have figured out is how to post a link from the gallery.

Can someone explain this process to me? I click on the lcon for "Insert Image" and it gives me a box to add a link. (http:\\..........)

Help!

Old 01-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
right click on the picture, copy image location, then paste that into the box that pops up. it simple, you'll figure it out. its the same way as doing a link except using the copy image location.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:37 AM
When I "right click" the image I get "Copy"...I don't have a "copy image location". When I copy, it will not allow me to paste in the pop-up box. Paste is "grayed" out. Am I missing something really simple??

I am clicking the the Yellow Square icon, called "Insert Image"

Last edited by ryanws; 01-01-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:01 PM
He meant that you need to go find a picture on the internet or in your gallery (if you have one). When you right-click on the image your should get an option to Copy Image Location in Firefox. In IE you need to right-click and then go to Properties. Highlight the link address, copy then paste.

I found your gallery here https://www.f150online.com/galleries...cfm?gnum=10930

Go into your profile under "User CP" in the black bar up top. Click on "Edit Profile" and enter code 10930 at the bottom of your profile. People will see a camera icon on every post. When they click on that it will take then right to your gallery.

When you go into one of your albums and click on a picture you have a link to the right of each picture named "Forum Codes". You can just copy and paste that address (the top one).

Last edited by BlueFlareside; 01-01-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:33 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Old 01-01-2008, 03:59 PM
I've never figured this out either..So if you have Internet Explorer-- right click>properties>copy "Address URL">paste into a post Is that right??

Old 01-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Another try...

Ahhhh...Haaaaaaaaa!!!

Thanks!!

Old 01-01-2008, 04:54 PM
You got it! It is not that difficult if the pic is in your gallery. See the post after my previous one to see how to do it.

Just one more reason why I use Firefox. It is easier all around.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:06 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by MOford21
I've never figured this out either..So if you have Internet Explorer-- right click>properties>copy "Address URL">paste into a post Is that right??
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...&postcount=687

follow the link above

Old 01-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Alright I will give it a shot

Aha...
Thanks for helping guys!

Old 01-02-2008, 12:05 AM
ryanws:
You probably have all of the info you need but here is more. Copy and paste it to a Word file and then you won't forget how to do these pix. We all forget if we don't post pix very often. Instruction are from others who helped me at this site. These are their quotes.

F-150 Site and tips on posting pictures

1. Click on photo galleries and create a photo album for yourself under your forum name.
2. You can then upload photos to the album, which anyone can look at. To add photos, etc. to your own album though, you need to log in.
3. When you want to add a photo to a post click on the photo you want to show, then click on “Forum Codes” (At the bottom of the photo)
4. A window will appear giving you the choice of 2 codes ….copy and paste the one you want into the body of your post…and, voila, when you submit the post it will appear.
5. Note that it only appears as the actual photo after you submit. If anything is wrong you can always go back and edit.

Additional information:
1. You have to put your pics into you photo gallery. If you don’t have one…make one.
2. Once you have a gallery with albums, view the album where the pictures is and click on it.
3. There will be a highlighted link called “Forum Codes” in the lower right corner…click that.
4. A dialog box will come up and then copy/paste that long code (which ever, Full or Thumbnait) into your message. Pretty simple.

Go into your profile under "User CP" in the black bar up top. Click on "Edit Profile" and enter code 10930 at the bottom of your profile. People will see a camera icon on every post. When they click on that it will take then right to your gallery.

Mert

Old 01-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Merton Leeper
ryanws:
You probably have all of the info you need but here is more. Copy and paste it to a Word file and then you won't forget how to do these pix. We all forget if we don't post pix very often. Instruction are from others who helped me at this site. These are their quotes.

F-150 Site and tips on posting pictures

1. Click on photo galleries and create a photo album for yourself under your forum name.
2. You can then upload photos to the album, which anyone can look at. To add photos, etc. to your own album though, you need to log in.
3. When you want to add a photo to a post click on the photo you want to show, then click on “Forum Codes” (At the bottom of the photo)
4. A window will appear giving you the choice of 2 codes ….copy and paste the one you want into the body of your post…and, voila, when you submit the post it will appear.
5. Note that it only appears as the actual photo after you submit. If anything is wrong you can always go back and edit.

Additional information:
1. You have to put your pics into you photo gallery. If you don’t have one…make one.
2. Once you have a gallery with albums, view the album where the pictures is and click on it.
3. There will be a highlighted link called “Forum Codes” in the lower right corner…click that.
4. A dialog box will come up and then copy/paste that long code (which ever, Full or Thumbnait) into your message. Pretty simple.

Mert
Mert, thanks for the info... I believe I have it figured out!

Old 01-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Here's mine if it works.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Testing again

Hope this works

IMG_6207.JPG

Old 07-29-2010, 04:35 PM

Quick Reply: Call me stupid...Posting a picture????