Most annoying F150 features

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FX4life
Aftermarket alarm cures this problem.

Put in D and start to move all doors lock
Put in P and all doors unlock
Also all doors unlock with one press of the unlock key, instead of twice w/ the factory remote.

I hate the seatbelt ding, if you are just sitting with it in drive it will start dinging. Dont get me wrong I wear my seatbelt all the time, but in the drive through and that its awful annoying. and no repeat button on the CD player.
Both auto-door lock and seatbelt ding can be disabled on an F-150. Just read the owner's manual. I've had four F-150's in the past 10 years, and believe me, it's the first thing I do when I get home from the dealership!

Two button presses on the key fob to unlock the doors is a personal safety feature. Picture your wife or daughter being stalked. She mashes the button once to get in the vehicle. The stalker tries to enter at the same time on the other side, but can't. She retrieves her 357 and ends the problem. Good feature.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There aren't any annoying features on my f150.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:33 AM
The most annoying feature on my truck is how quickly the fuel guage moves toward E from F.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:56 PM
thats weird

Old 04-29-2007, 01:24 AM
The most annoying thing right now is how the rear doors do not unlock when the car shuts off, only the fronts do. So the rear passengers are stuck and I have to open them with the switch.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:52 PM
1. The LOUD CHIME reminder that I have opened the door and my keys are in the ignition.

2. Heated seats turning off at 10 min - I have not experienced this yet but read in a earlier post.

3. No gas cap holder while pumping

4. Windows should have auto down and up for all (with disable feature if kids/pets)

That's all - I love it these are just little petty things.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Dan99Hawk
lol I don`t live in the ghetto and most car jackins happen when people are getting in the car..
if the Ford had a half a brain they would designed it so that it would unlock when put back into park as mentioned before and like my Dodge Magnum.
Agreed. Or at least allow you to set it like GM trucks do.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:50 PM
01lariatcrew "I also think it is dumb that you can't have the fog lights on with the autolamp on the 97-03 trucks."

There's a do-it-yourself mod that fixes this. I've done it to my 02 S-Crew and love it. I can turn the fogs on with the parking lights and the auto lamp. It also keeps the fogs on when you go to BRIGHT. Search for it..or maybe someone else here has that link... or PM me and I'll try to find it for you.

I'm going to give that dead pedal a look. I'd like to install one of those myself.

I wish the seats were a little softer. The leather never seems to get any softer. I wish the KR's had bench seats in them when I bought mine...I LOVE that leather!

I like the new style S-crews from the cab forward, but I don't care for the beds at all. Too much tailgate and I bet you can see anything behind you.

Anyone seen the new Silverados? NIIICE! But,my S-crews paid for, so I'll drive it until the wheels fall off!!

I wish the rear windows went down all the way.. no idea why they don't.

Daryl

Old 05-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Doesnt come stock with a supercharger to get this pig movin.......

Old 05-04-2007, 10:41 AM
something else....

I really wish we could get our radio controls on the steering wheel. It's such a handy feature.. Do the newer S-Crews (04-up) have this?

I see how all the other trucks (Silverado, Tundra) have this now..hope Ford catches up.

Last edited by hawkfxr724; 05-04-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Controls are on the 2007's. Not sure about earlier. Cruise, Radio, A/C fan, etc.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by hawkfxr724
I really wish we could get our radio controls on the steering wheel. It's such a handy feature.. Do the newer S-Crews (04-up) have this?

I see how all the other trucks (Silverado, Tundra) have this now..hope Ford catches up.

my 06 Lariat has all the features on the steering wheel

Old 05-04-2007, 03:48 PM
TNC

My '04 Lariat has it all on the steering wheel.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Just a quick question on the auto locks arent they meant as a safety feature too? To prevent the doors from opening in case of a serious accident/rollover?

Also for those seatbelt ding haters.. If you just have to do something quick in the truck, hold the seatbelt release lever down for like 6 to 10 seconds. It will turn off the chime until you stop and start the engine. I have a lot of quick hops in and out of my truck for my job (couple 100 yards at a time) I will do this once and leave the truck on as I hop out to check something over. Its a good safety reminder because seatbelts save lives, however I agree it can get annoying from time to time.

The one thing I dont like in the truck.. I wish I could turn the key on to accessories and then open the driver side door without the truck always chiming at me with that "you're key is in the ignition" beep/chime sound.

I swear in other cars it will do it for 3 or 4 times then stop. Not Ford.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:38 PM

My 05 lariat has them

Quick Reply: Most annoying F150 features