SuperCrew

Well after 1489mi, today I finally floored the 5.4 3v!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have about the same on my truck, but unfortunatly could not wait to floor it that long. I had been taking it easy, but got a call that my aunt was on the way to hospital with no heart beat. SO I had to floor it to pick up my grandmother and haul *** to the hospital. Unfortunatly she passed away that night.

I have also already put on a pro comp lift 6" and 20x10 mazzi hulks with MT ATZ on the new 2007 white sand stone metallic. Dam it is a very nice truck and a lot of fun.

J

Old 03-27-2007, 07:07 PM
TNC
Originally Posted by 02XLT
Guess I am one of those that says it lacks *****. Try flooring it from a dead stop, and I bet it doesn't move as fast as you think. What did you drive before the truck? I still am disappointed in the acceleration of my truck from a dead stop, but I realize it's a heavy work truck and not meant for speed. Have to through this in for all the posters that will jump to point out its a truck and not a sports car. :-(

-Brian
Actually your complaint is much more the norm. I have an '04 Lariat 4X4 and couldn't believe what a dog it was. Your truck is similar, so it's probably right around 3 tons. Get some tuning. You won't believe the difference. Much more responsive, especially from a dead stop. Do some searches, you'll see, tunes make the diff. Once loaded, it's almost sporty....... actually, I love mine. Thought it was a real turd prior to tuning.

Last edited by TNC; 03-27-2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by TNC
Actually your complaint is much more the norm. I have an '04 Lariat 4X4 and couldn't believe what a dog it was. Your truck is similar, so it's probably right around 3 tons. Get some tuning. You won't believe the difference. Much more responsive, especially from a dead stop. Do some searches, you'll see, tunes make the diff. Once loaded, it's almost sporty....... actually, I love mine. Thought it was a real turd prior to tuning.
You didn't notice my signature I guess. I hear ya though... the tunning did wake up the truck in the midrange and for highway merging etc, but it's still disappointing off the line. Granted it's a heavy truck and it takes alot to get it moving. I have 3.73's by the way.

-Brian

Old 03-27-2007, 09:39 PM
TNC
Yeah, I don't normally read the sigs. Wayyyy too much stuff there normally. I have the 3.73's as well and I'm only on an 87 perf. tune. I launch pretty well. I'm surprised you're still having issues.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by TNC
Yeah, I don't normally read the sigs. Wayyyy too much stuff there normally. I have the 3.73's as well and I'm only on an 87 perf. tune. I launch pretty well. I'm surprised you're still having issues.

I think I am just use to driving faster vehicles, I'm sure it's fine for a big heavy truck...

-Brian

Old 03-28-2007, 02:53 AM
I think I am just use to driving faster vehicles, I'm sure it's fine for a big heavy truck...

-Brian
I guess so, because coming from a Ranger with a 3.slow v6, this thing is a beast! And besides if I wanted fast, I wouldn't have bought a truck...

Old 03-28-2007, 10:19 AM
TNC

-Brian
Probably. It's nearly 3 tons. Put it this way, we had a Yukon with the 5.7, close in weight, it didn't move like my truck does. What else are you driving, just for comparison.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its subjective but I thought the truck was very peppy for what it is. 0-60 is about 8 secs fofr a nearly 6K pound vehicle. This is faster than many sedans and as fast as sports cars standards 10-20 years ago.

I had a 2001 Screw with 4x4 and 5.4 and the new 3v engine is much better at higher rpms/. The lats engine was just fine but felt like it was dstarving for air above 3000 rpm. Don't usually rev that high but b/c of how truck responded I was even less inclined to rev it up there.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Talking about these trucks not going fast reminds me of an old guy that I used to work with. He would look at some women and say they were built for comfort. He would look at others and say they were built for speed. Go out and look at your truck and tell me it looks like it should be built for speed. Get real.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:43 PM
TNC
Originally Posted by Screw50
Talking about these trucks not going fast reminds me of an old guy that I used to work with. He would look at some women and say they were built for comfort. He would look at others and say they were built for speed. Go out and look at your truck and tell me it looks like it should be built for speed. Get real.
Yeah... you missed the point. The performance is lacking with stock programming on '04+ trucks and there is thread after thread after thread about it. Your anecdote about women makes no sense at all regarding a vehicle.

Old 03-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by TNC
Yeah... you missed the point. The performance is lacking with stock programming on '04+ trucks and there is thread after thread after thread about it. Your anecdote about women makes no sense at all regarding a vehicle.
OK, sorry for my attempt at humor. Ford has been behind the power curve when it comes to engine performance. I personally can't tell that my 07 is any less gutless than my 99,01,or 04. I did get a price on adding a supercharger for $7,000.00 but didn't feel it was worth it for how I use this truck.

Old 03-31-2007, 07:32 PM
TNC
Originally Posted by Screw50
OK, sorry for my attempt at humor. Ford has been behind the power curve when it comes to engine performance. I personally can't tell that my 07 is any less gutless than my 99,01,or 04. I did get a price on adding a supercharger for $7,000.00 but didn't feel it was worth it for how I use this truck.
Hope I didn't come off to hard on you. Have you tried tuning? 300HP should be plenty, but the stock tuning just kills it. Wish I could even look at a supercharger but I probably wouldn't install one either. Seems like a lot of other things I could do with that kind of cash.

Old 03-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by TNC
Hope I didn't come off to hard on you. Have you tried tuning? 300HP should be plenty, but the stock tuning just kills it. Wish I could even look at a supercharger but I probably wouldn't install one either. Seems like a lot of other things I could do with that kind of cash.
No problem at all. Actually I just got the 07 Lariat and it should be fine. I really like the audiophile, interior and room. It goes down the highway well and cruises great and is so much quiter than the 04 reg. cab that I had. If I have the chance, I would like to drive a truck that has the Troyer tune.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:07 PM
TNC
Congrats. on the truck. I love my Lariat. I had a '97 XLT 4.6 for almost 11 years. I thought that truck was pretty nice. Man, it didn't even compare......

Old 03-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Guess I am one of those that says it lacks *****. Try flooring it from a dead stop, and I bet it doesn't move as fast as you think. What did you drive before the truck? I still am disappointed in the acceleration of my truck from a dead stop, but I realize it's a heavy work truck and not meant for speed. Have to through this in for all the posters that will jump to point out its a truck and not a sports car. :-(

-Brian
It's a truck...Want more power from 0-60 the either strap a super-charger on the motor or get yourself a mustang GT that will definatetly Get-R-Done.
Hell I just uploded a superchips tuner X-caliber adjusted shift parameters, tire size, and rev limiter...and man what a difference.

Quick Reply: Well after 1489mi, today I finally floored the 5.4 3v!