SuperCrew

Dash Squeak & Bed Extender issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash Squeak & Bed Extender issue

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and to trucks. My 2000 Pontiac Grand Am all but died a month ago and I decided to get a vehicle I actually wanted. So, I got the F150 FX4 SuperCrew. I love it!!

There a two issues though. 1) The dash on the passenger side squeaks some. Anyone else have (or had) this? 2) The "peg" for the bed extender on the passenger side doesn't fully enter its slot either on top or bottom.

The bed was LineX'd but they worked for awhile afterwards. I know I just need to take it to the dealership but I just don't want to have to drive a small car again.

Anyway, great site. I'm just trying to digest all of the info.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have the squeek coming from the passenger side (2005 SC FX4). My wife says it's not the dash but the trim that runs between the door and the windshield (the one with the Oh Sh*t handle on it). The piece of trim in question looks a little long and is slightly bowed by the windshield. I only see two screws holding it in place up by the handle.

My dealer said the trim may be rubbing against the dash or something behind the trim is squeeking. In any event, they'll fix it whatever it is.

Quick Reply: Dash Squeak & Bed Extender issue