SuperCrew

My Last Week With My 2003

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Last Week With My 2003

I've had it two years and since day one, it has had a vibration that Ford refuses to deal with. They keep saying "It's a truck, not a car." Well, that's BS.

I have a GPS mounted on the dash and it is constantly vibrating, just like the rest of the truck. I've even replaced the shocks with Rancho shocks and put on new Michelin tires at my own expense.

Ford says there is nothing wrong with it. I've driven other 2003 Screw's and they do not have the problem I have.

I've had it. This is my first Ford and it has not been a pleasant experience. I'm going to go one more time to see if they are going to do anything about it.

If they won't, then I'm trading it for a new GMC truck this coming Saturday. Wish I had done that to begin with.

Old 01-04-2005, 04:17 AM
Re: My Last Week With My 2003

[QUOTE]
Ford says there is nothing wrong with it. I've driven other 2003 Screw's and they do not have the problem I have.

I completely agree with you. My '03 rides smoother AND quieter than our Camry. It may be a truck, but I've impressed many friends with its ride quality and lack of cabin noise. You know you've got something when you can roll down the highway @ 80 MPH and whisper a conversation. I wish I could help you out here Thump, but my Screw has been an absolutely perfect truck since day one. Do you know anybody close by who would be willing to let you use their driveshaft and wheels for diagnostic purposes? I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I have run across vehicles in the past with out of balance driveshafts from the factory. Wheels are no different. You can even damage a wheel without knowing it. I found that out the hard way. My wife somehow managed to tweak a wheel on her car. It never bothered her, but I sure noticed it on the few occasions I drove her car. Funny thing was, I looked for, and expected to find a "curbed" wheel, but there was no visible damage to any of the wheels, anywhere. Luckily for me, one of my neighbors was cool enough to let me swap wheel/tire combos for a day. Put his wheels on, problem gone. Drove HIS car with MY wheels on, same vibration. Took it to a shop and had the wheels spun on a balancer. Sure enough, one was bent. Not by much either, but I could sure feel it when driving. Again, I know it's a long shot, but stranger things have happened. And you never know what these trucks see between the assembly line and the dealers lot. Most wouldn't want to know. Good luck with your truck, no matter what brand you end up with!
SL

Old 01-04-2005, 10:13 AM
i've had a vibration on my 2003 for the last 3 months now. when they did a road test they told me it was due to the exhaust. ya right, i've had the magnflow on it since last June. they had my transfer case apart back last August and i'm willing to bet they did not replace the driveshaft in the right location and it now has got up with it. it's either that or they didn't put the transfer case back in properly. you can feel it thru the steering wheel as well as the pedals. i'm sure it is coming from the front end. it seems to be worst when i have it in 4 wheel drive. i'm going back in to have my next oil change and i'm going to complain again. good luck and let us know if you find out anything. i'll do the same.

Old 01-04-2005, 11:12 AM
I believe there is a TSb out on the problem do a search for vibe.

Quick Reply: My Last Week With My 2003