SuperCrew

My F150 has problems... Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My F150 has problems... Need Advice

I bought my truck in May... the first day I had it I called and reported a few problems... A week later my truck had to endure the replacement of the PCM, a whole new rear end, and numerous other medications had to be administered... Over 20 days.

Since then, I have had so many problems... too many to list. They even messed up some things that they even admit to!

I could tell you about them, but my question is...

I have talked to everyone at the dealership, and called Ford CS numerous times. NOONE wants to help, and they just tell me sorry.

I spent 30K on this truck, and am sick of feeling like I am driving a $10000 saturn or something.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Old 12-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Go to 2004-2005forum and search for dsb. Also palongbow got a dsb buyback not to long ago.

Old 12-30-2004, 05:45 PM
That ain't no Saturn

You obviously don't feel like you have a Saturn - as Saturn has one of the highest satisfaction ratings in the business - and will always buy back any car within the first 30 days - no questions asked.

You my friend - have a first year, redesigned Ford and all of the fun that goes along with that.

I'd try to get them to give you a good deal on a trade for a 2005.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:39 PM
Does Louisana have a lemon law like California? Thirty days in the shop within the first year or three times for the same problem. It is someplace to start. You should start on the dealer now...perhaps schedule a pow wow with the owner and the service manager...

Old 01-01-2005, 08:53 PM
I hear you. i just bought a $41000.00 F150 super crew lariat. @200 miles had a new rear end installed. 1st. week owned!!! Now i have a shudder when the auto trans shifts from 3rd to 4th under slight accelleration at a slight incline.. Not happy at this point with new truck..Ford CS told me the same thing (sorry!!)

Old 01-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Don Bohn, Bohn, Veterans, Advantage or Lamarque?

Old 01-07-2005, 01:54 AM
Re: My F150 has problems... Need Advice

Originally posted by kevins669
replacement of the PCM, rear end, and numerous other medications .. Over 20 days.

Since then, I have had so many problems... too many to list.

Yep, like rex said, you've got a guinea pig model truck. R&D is supposed work out the kinks, and there will always be a percentage that have gremlins, but a blown rear in the first week? I guess that rear was built on a Monday.

It's aggravating, no question. I would first check your state's lemon laws. Then I would take it back each and every time a problem arose, regardless of how petty it may seem. They may get tired of seeing you after a while, and help you out in some way. Doubtful , but possible. Consider moderation. Or you could always sell it and get something else. Good luck with it.

SL

Trending Topics

Old 01-07-2005, 11:54 AM
It came from Don Bohn.... VERY POOR customer service. I figured they would be somehow accomodating, but not at all. They just said that they were sorry.

They told me "No other 2004s have had any sort of problems like these." That should have told them something right there!!!

I called for the DSB paperwork, and am waiting on that. The last 6 months have been painful.... I love the truck, just hate all the nagging problems!!!

Thanks for all the replies.

Old 01-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by kevins669
It came from Don Bohn....
That's all you had to say....Don Bohn literally is about 5 minutes from my house, but after a few dealings w/ them (LIARS from just about every department body shop, service department, and crappy SALESMEN w/empty promises), I swore them off and promised I'd never give them another nickel. I litterally drove across town to Bohn Ford on N. Carrollton and gave them my business. I've been relatively happy w/their service department and know most of the service advisors on a first name basis. Ironically, both Don Bohn & Bohn Ford are owned by the same company (Group 1 Automotive) so it's kind of a mout point w/not giving them any money, but atleast I can prevent that particular dealership from getting any profit incentives over other dealerships. Don Bohn has just become TOO big of a dealership to the point that they don't care much about the "little people".

Good luck w/ the DSB paperwork. And when you get your money back, give DB the finger and find a better Ford dealership.

Tony

Old 01-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Been a Dodge man my whole life. Just bought a 2001 SCREW. Love my truck and I can't believe I waited this long to buy a Ford.

Anyway, when I had problems with Dodge I sent a CERTIFIED letter to the General Manager of the dealership stating the problem and the fact it was not addressed . In addition, I was given the run-around by the maintainance department.

Dodge had what's called a "customer arbitration board." When threatened with this method to attain satisfaction, the dealership jumped right on the problem. It was fixed (new head) in a week.

I don't know if Ford had this same thing, but they probably do. Check the back of your owners manual or warranty booklet. The information should be there.

Remember, dealing with warranty issues is a liittle like having an HMO. Doesn't cost you anything but you have to threaten them every step of the way to get anything accomplished.

Good luck,

Matt

Old 01-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by mwagg737
Been a Dodge man my whole life. Just bought a 2001 SCREW. Love my truck and I can't believe I waited this long to buy a Ford.
Ah...a convert...welcome to the club Matt. No doubt this forum has as many enthusists has a good Mopar forum. There's lots of good stuff here, as I'm sure you've been lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce on a good thread!!

Tony

Quick Reply: My F150 has problems... Need Advice