SuperCrew

New Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Wheels

I've been thinking about replacing the stock 16" polished wheels for the last 2 years. I finally have enough $$ and points with the wife to get this done. I don't want to spend too much so I've pretty much decided to buy the ASA TRS wheels from TireRack. I would use my existing tires as I can get another 2 years out of them. I'm still not sold as I know very little about ASA, neither positive or negative. I read one comment on their clear coating but other than that not much has been posted. Also I'm not sure I will get enough satisfaction from another set of 16" wheels. Any opinions are appreciated. (I'm looking at spending $600 or so) Thanks in advace.

Old 12-30-2004, 03:01 AM
Another thought..

Lately I've seen some nice wheels on Ebay for the SC. Personally if you're going to spend money to buy new wheels, I would go up a size. That also means more expensive tires, don't know if you want to go that route. You can always take your current rims and tires and sell those to fund the new ones. I'm going to be getting new rims in the near future and once I get them the stock 17s are going up on Ebay, bound to be someone who wants them for the right price. Just a thought.

LT Dan

Old 01-06-2005, 07:14 PM
I picked up my Eagle 101's from this guy. Great person to deal with and they were the best prices that I could find.

www.tomzwheels.com

Old 01-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Boston, that does look nice and on a budget too. That is what I am hoping to accomplish, I just don't like the polished wheels that came with the truck. I did go ahead and purchase a set of wheels from Centerline, should have them in a couple of weeks. The total was $436 shipped to my door. If I can just get them installed at Sam's I'll be doin Ok... Thanks for your input.

Old 01-07-2005, 03:09 PM
I really like the 101's. The pics do not do them justice after cleaning and polishing. I put the bigger tires on first with the stock rims and then after my Swiss account built back up...I put the wheels on.

Post some pics after you get them mounted up.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Cowboy - Glad to know there are other fellow F150 owners who know who the best NASCAR driver is.

IL6fan

Quick Reply: New Wheels