SuperCrew

A measure of a good running 02?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 09:10 PM
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
A measure of a good running 02?

How, on this forum could it be related, what a good running total stock 02 is?
4.6L, 3.55LS, 4r70w, 16" tires, 4x4, now has 42k miles.
I feel the truck runs fairly strong for nearly 6000 lbs weight gets upward of 17 mpg under the best conditions.
Oil installed is Motorcraft 5w20 synth blend, Motorcraft oil filter, no engine noises at cold startup or otherwise.
Do I have a good one?

Old 12-23-2004, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it sounds like you got a good 02 supercrew to me bluegrass if you dont have alot the problems we sometimes read about my 02 supercrew has almost 30k on it and with the mods that i have done to my truck seams to run better now than when i bought it i hate to hear some of the problems people are having with ther trucks im just glad i got a good one also

Old 12-23-2004, 01:09 AM
Funny you should mention about your experience from when you got yours.
When I took delivery from the dealer with 32k on it, I was wondering if I made a mistake on the lack of reasonable performance but as the weeks went by it improved.
Now it is at the point I can feel good about the truck's performance.
I 'm thinking the dealer clean up took the battery cable off and the PCM needed to relearn.
I am very experienced with 5 L efi and maybe this PCM takes a lot longer to relearn.
In the cold weather, it runs stout all the time but as soon as warm weather comes the intake air sensor will cut the power back.
The only fault I have with the truck is the famous whine at 45 to 55 mph but it is not bad enough to do anything about, otherwise everything is perfect operating.
After the first of the year I will contact Mike for a program chip due to towing a race car this summer, otherwise no other changes will be made.
My street car is a K.B. super charged Lincoln Mark VII so I'm a bit spoiled for acceleration and throttle response when going from one to the other.
I have added to the truck, aux Fog yellow lamps and front side marker/ turn signal lamps.
Last pu was a new 85 efi that is still running.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:17 AM
I am from Allentown area and traded in my '02 supercrew locally reciently. When did you pick yours up?

Old 12-23-2004, 12:15 PM
hey bluegrass the mods i have done on my 02 is underdrive pullies catback s/o k@n cold air kit and 75mm tb and 6600 chip and i have 355 gears with 5.4 and mine does run alot better in this cooler weather also i havent heared any wine at any speeds and im going to keep this truck for along time cant wait till its paid for so i can buy new stang :santa:

Old 12-23-2004, 05:13 PM
I picked up the truck from Suburban in Ottsville rte 611, middle of July.
It's Treador Red with the silver fender trim.
Came out of Washington, N.J.

Quick Reply: A measure of a good running 02?