SuperCrew

Transmission Problems in 01 Screw - Very Dissapointed in FORD

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 08:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission Problems in 01 Screw - Very Dissapointed in FORD

Well,

My tranny went out on Saturday. It would just grind when you tried to move the truck. Took it to the FORD stealership. They took the pan off and I had uge metal shavings in the fluid. My Screw is an 01 with 76,000 non-towing miles. The ford tech told me the sun gear went bad. He said this is a common problem on the 01 screws. He usually sees it more in the 4x4 he said. Anyway, the sun gear has a weld on it that is prone to break. Once it breaks things go boom...... new tranny.

It just erks me that all the ford guys seem to know about this problem but ford does not mind taking my $2900 to replace the damn thing. I have had a ford and a dodge and both have had to have a transmission before 100,000 miles. I do not even tow anything in my truck and rarely hot rod the thing. There are several guys at work that have had dodge transmissions replaced but was not aware how common the ford problem was until I started looking on the boards.

I think my next truck will have to be a Toyota. Made in the USA these days just seems to equal "you will have problems with that".

I know this crap happens with all makes and models but I amjust pissed that a 76,000 mile truck that cost close to $30,000 will not even make it to 100,000 miles without major repairs....

Just bend over and let them stick it to you.

BUILT FORD TOUGH ......... Must mean powder puff tuff.....

Rant over-- I feel better now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2004, 04:12 PM
I hear ya brutha!!!!

Luckily mine went out at 95K miles - 5K miles before my extended warranty expired. That was $1000 well spent.

Knock on wood, I am closing in on 130K miles and have not any issues lately, except for replacing all the rotors and brake pads.

You know, it is funny - I quit taking it to the dealer for the scheduled maintenances and now I am not having any problems.

Hmmmmmmm

I am with you - that new Tundra 4-door is a good looking truck, especially now that they bumped the HP up in it.

Old 12-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Re: Transmission Problems in 01 Screw - Very Dissapointed in FORD

Originally posted by GA Southern Eagle

I think my next truck will have to be a Toyota. Made in the USA these days just seems to equal "you will have problems with that".

Toyota's and Nissans are made in the USA too.

Quick Reply: Transmission Problems in 01 Screw - Very Dissapointed in FORD