SuperCrew

turn signals and emergency flashers not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turn signals and emergency flashers not working

I have a 2001 f150 and it worked great up until two days ago when I noticed that my turn signals would not come on. Also my emergency flashers will not come on. I have changed the bulbs and it still is not working. but here is the catch sometimes if I mess with the handle to turn the signals on the right one will flah but if I turn them all the way on it doesnt do anything. and once in a great while if I turn the emergency flashers on the right side will click on. what could be causing this?
thanks
Maria

Old 12-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Sounds like the dreaded multi-function switch going bad...do a search in the forum for it...there are many threads that detail replacement/repair of the multi-function switch.

Tony

Old 12-07-2004, 07:47 AM
I had a similar problem with my left turn signal. It only happened when I had the steering wheel adjusted downward. The dealer said it was the connector under the dashbord that was coming loose. When the wheel was lowered it put tension on the connector and pulled it apart, when raised I had no problem. To fix the problem they had to remove some panels around the dash and replace the connector. It would seem that you could zip tie the connector together but I did not see any of the work or parts as the truck is still on warranty.

Old 12-08-2004, 08:39 PM
okI just checked the whole steering wheel up and steering wheel down theory and when it is up all lights work and when it is down the signals and flashers dont work. is this still the multifunction switch.
thank you so much for your help
Maria

Old 12-10-2004, 08:45 AM
I found my repair order and it discusses checking the multi function switch. The wires were pulling out of a broken harness. The harness (gray plastic end with eight wires) was replaced. part number used was E6DZ-14489-M

Old 12-12-2004, 01:39 AM
thanks for the help it was the connector behind the dash. the tab that held the two peices togther had broke off so every time the steering wheel was down it came apart. so with a little help from some krazy glue all works again. I figure if it ever needs to be completly replaced the glue will be some one elses problem.
Maria

Old 12-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by maria
I figure if it ever needs to be completly replaced the glue will be some one elses problem.

Evil, evil person....you......it's people like you who make me always buy an overly priced new car rather than a decently priced used vehicle

Glad you figured out the problem....hope you don't have to share it with anyone else.

Tony

Trending Topics

Old 12-12-2004, 02:38 PM
I meant by someone elses problem being the mechanic at a shop. I love my truck and well it is stuck with me for a long long time. poor thing
Maria

Quick Reply: turn signals and emergency flashers not working