SuperCrew

Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration

I am having an ongoing problem with my 04 Supercrew. The steering wheel would vibrate at normal highway speeds. The dealer balanced my tires and on another visit installed a new drive shaft assembly. The vibration (more like a shimmy) is now a vibration at about 45 MPH. I feel it in the steering wheel and seat. Dealer says the engineers are working on it and I should get back with them in about a month. Has anybody else have a problem like this and has a resolve been found?

Old 12-06-2004, 12:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There has to be at least 1,000 posts about vibration in the 04’s. Do a search and you’ll come up with a lot of reading on the subject.

Old 12-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibe @45

I can tell you allot about the vibe problam. I have had my 04 screw for 1 & 1/2 months now ( 3rd Crew I have owened) . Test drove it with 45 miles on it and noticed a little vibe thought it was tires. The dealer said they would balance and when I picked it up it it seemed better @ 500 miles the problem got worse. Since the day I purchased, this is what has been done. tires balanced twice,the rear end replaced, 2 drives shafts, the second one put in yesterday. The problem is still there. The regional rep for Ford told the dealer to bring the truck back and take the rear end face plate off and test the rear end. This is getting way to complicated for me. I want my 02 screw back!!! They have one more chance and then it to the State with the Lemon law. I have been a Ford owner my whole life and I may jump ship!!!!

Quick Reply: Vibration