SuperCrew

multiple little problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 11:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
multiple little problems

my door locks are slow to lock and unlock, the motor sounds weak and takes a lot of tries to lock or unlock itself. could this be from being dirty, wet or something or are they just wore out?

i dont have control of my temperature for vent or anything, even turning it on AC has no effect, it still blows hot air. could this be due to one of my 7 fuses that dont appear to be working?
i have
3 5amp fuses, 2 10amp, 1 15amp and 1 20amp fuse that dont appear to be working...

also, is it possible for the ac compressor to be howling like its got a bad bearing?

ask questions and ill try to find out more details if you need em.

hmm while im at it, can i disable that god aweful door dinger? man that thing drive me up the wall.

thanks for any help.

Old 11-22-2004, 12:53 AM
youd think after 112 views someone could have shed some light on me...

Old 11-22-2004, 12:57 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is your truck still under warranty?

Old 11-22-2004, 05:42 AM
1. Yes, motors could be bad

2. What does, "Fuses don't apear to be working" mean?? Are they blown??

3. Possible, but it usually tensioner or idler pulley

4. Some trucks, yes

Old 11-22-2004, 10:46 AM
screwyou: no, i think not, i wouldnt have that ability anyways, it was origionally a farmers truck in oregon, some mexican bought it and then it was reposessed. i then bought it and there wasnt a single thing inside dealing with paperwork on the truck of any kind. no owners manual, nothing, i got screwed on that end of the truck, that and tires lol.

Gearhead: how can i try and lube them and see if that helps before i go to spalding.

2) Fuses just dont light up when i test them, i pulled them out and they appear to be fine.

3) I replaced the idler pully, i need to get out the stethoscope again and prod around and see if i can find whats making noise.

4)Do you know how

thanks for replying.

Old 11-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
The door lock motors are a reversable electric motors with a helix shaft that runs in and out the motor. There are three very small steel ***** that ride on the shaft. The whole assembly is covered with a thin rubber boot.
If the boot comes apart and allows water/dirt into the shaft assembly, they rust, and freeze in cold weather.
The other thing is the linkage may be bent and need lube.
Fuses: Trust the tester and not by looking at them.
Anything that rotates can cause noise.
Take the belt off and run the engine a few seconds to see if it is a belt related issue.
I hope you didn't pay to much for the "farm truck". They can be expensive to repair and end up with the same investment as getting one that has few or no problems.

Last edited by Bluegrass; 11-22-2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:24 AM
so to lube these i need to inside door panels off?

as for the fuse, i pulled fuse #5 (remember, i only have a chiltons book, which i hate very very much and no owners manual) because my chiltons book has a schematic. in this schematic i found daytime lights fuse #5 15amp and i ran outside and yanked that baby out... but now i put it back in and nothing i do gets those daylighters back or my cruise or temp control.
the fuses that dont work are mostly on the far right column of fuses.i could test again and write down each number and what amp fuse sometime if that might help?

i paid $7.5k for this truck after tax and liscense. about the only thing that was wrong when i bought it was tires and the shocks were weak. oh and my pitman arm went out but that was a quick fix for me, got lucky and found the pitman arm for cheap and borrowed a puller.

my next project will be lifting it, but i think ill need to regear it cause im not sure what gearing i have.

Last edited by Klitch; 11-23-2004 at 12:27 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 11-24-2004, 08:34 AM
Try this web site https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

You can download a manual free from them in pdf format.

There are other items of interest to you including maintenance schedules that may also be of value.

Good luck

Old 11-28-2004, 05:30 PM
ok fixed all the easy stuff. cruise & climate control are back, fuse #5 blew when i put it back in.

doors now lock and unlock easily, needed lube for the key end of the lock and the door lock **** was sticking to the door panel...

now i still have antifreeze leak, which is on the right front side just above the frame rail. i should be able to figure that out.

and i have something still howling in the front right side. i think it may be the AC compressor since fuse #5 controls the "AC Clutch Coil" and was out for a period of time i figure maybe some damage was done to the ac in some way.

Thank you very much for that manual, so far it has come in very handy.

Quick Reply: multiple little problems