SuperCrew

Mudflaps/Splashguards ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mudflaps/Splashguards ?

Does anybody have any recommendations for aftermarket mudflaps or splashguards to fit an '02 Supercrew? I'm looking for something that will be a custom fit, not too obtrusive, and not too difficult to install.

Old 10-12-2004, 07:52 AM
Talking

CN:
I have a set of Powerflow "pro fit" mudflaps on my 03, they are extremly easy to install and come with all the accessories needed and look great. If you go to the website you can see what they look like and where to get them.

Last edited by Molson205; 10-12-2004 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:41 AM
why not stick with the OEM mudflaps? they fit great and they cost the same as aftermarket. i know i looked at aftermarket ones but they looked cheap and you had to do a lot of screwing around to get them to fit properly. just my 2 cents.

Old 10-14-2004, 06:38 PM
My truck did not come with any mudflaps. I don't know if that was an option or not. It has the FX4 package, so maybe that had something to do with it.

The Powerflo mudflaps look ideal. I'll probably check into those. It looks like they make a set for the front, and a set for the rear. Does anybody else have experience with these or any others?

Thanks for the input.

Old 10-14-2004, 08:13 PM
You buy the Ford OEM mudflaps through the parts department.

I have them on my 01 KR. They fit good and mold around the running boards.

Old 10-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Re: Mudflaps/Splashguards ?

Originally posted by ChasingNolan
Does anybody have any recommendations for aftermarket mudflaps or splashguards to fit an '02 Supercrew? I'm looking for something that will be a custom fit, not too obtrusive, and not too difficult to install.
I'd suggest going to http://www.fordparts.com

They have stock mud flaps for under $30 and like someone else said they look good and fit right the first time.

They also have other cool accesories at reasonable prices.

Doug

Old 10-18-2004, 10:27 AM
I put Husky mud flaps on the rear of my 02 supercrew this weekend.

The Husky flaps were larger than the OEM Ford flaps, but still OK looking in my opinion. They are paintable, but I left mine black.

You need to order the correct flaps to match flares/ no flares, running boards, etc...

The rear flaps required me to drill 3 holes for each flap. Using the OEM flare mounting would have been preferred, but since the rear fenders are fiberglass anyway, they won't rust. I do wonder if the screws will work out the fiberglass over time thought. I had to remove the rear wheels to get enough clearance for the drill at the correct angle.

I got the husky flaps on sale for $22 per pair at www.truckperformance.com.

I took me about an hour, maybe a little more to clean, mark, drill, and mount the rear flaps.

Trending Topics

Old 10-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by robadele
I put Husky mud flaps on the rear of my 02 supercrew this weekend.

The Husky flaps were larger than the OEM Ford flaps, but still OK looking in my opinion. ..............
I also put Husky flaps on the rear of my Supercrew. But I put OEM's on the front. The OEM's for the rear were too narrow and looked odd so I took them off and eBay'd them a couple of years ago. I got the OEM's from a local Ford dealers parts dept.

Old 11-02-2004, 04:30 PM
More often than not you can find them on EBay if you search correctly for them.