SuperCrew

30K Scheduled Service\Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30K Scheduled Service\Maintenance

Hi Guys,

I am just about at 30K on my 2003 Supercrew and will be bringing her in to the dealer for its recommended 30K scheduled maintenance.
I called my local dealer here in the San Fernando Valley where I purchased my truck to make an appointment and also to find out the cost for this service.
I was somewhat shocked when the Service Advisor quoted me $460 for this 30K service.

Question: Does this price sound right for this work, or is this way too much?
Should I try another dealer?

Also, I have the following aftermarket market parts installed in\on my truck ~ AirForce One, Magna-Flow exhaust, 6” RCD suspension lift w\33” BFG’s.

Listed below (from Ford’s website and the dealers) is what is involved in the 30K service.

30,000 Miles Scheduled Service
• Change automatic transmission fluid
• Change engine oil and replace oil filter
• Inspect and lubricate steering linkage, ball joints, suspension and, if equipped, half shafts drive shaft and u-joints
• Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines and hoses, and parking brake system
• Inspect complete exhaust system and heat shields
• Inspect engine cooling system and hoses
• Inspect wheel ends for end play and noise
• Perform multi-point inspection
• Replace engine air filter
• Replace fuel filter
• Rotate tires for optimal tire life

Old 10-08-2004, 01:45 PM
I just had the trans flushed and oil change done at 33,000 miles for $175. When I took it in for a tire rotation they told me I needed brakes at 27,000 miles, after the brake job.the mechanic noticed a shimmy and told me could be the idler arm. Went in and it was the ball joints. Replaced under warranty. Had fuel filter replaced at 15,000 miles. Go to www.ford.com and go to a link on that page called my ford. It tells you what needs to be done. I rotate the tires every other oil change. Does sound kind of pricey.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Old 10-09-2004, 11:24 AM
I was foolish enough to have the 30000 maint. done by the dealer and that is about what I paid. What a ripoff!

Old 10-10-2004, 09:37 AM
It's a screw job (no pun intended) for that kind of money.

When I had mine done I crossed off some things from their list and it dropped the price down to a quoted $350, but in the end I actually paid $277 I think. I was happy with $277 vs the original $350.

I'm approaching the 60,000 mile service too and I will probably cross a bunch of stuff off the list again too.

--Justin

Old 10-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
30 K Service

The major maintenance service needed at 30K is change the transmission fluid and filter. The rest of that stuff you mentioned is just routine inspections that are usually done when you purchase an oil change. The dealer I go to offers a package where they inspect a lot of stuff with the oil change and rotate the tires.........it cost about $35 I think. I believe they are trying to rip you on that price...........especially if all they are doing is inspecting.

Old 10-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Here's my $0.02 on this deal, and I'm sure things vary from place to place:

30,000 Miles Scheduled Service

• Change automatic transmission fluid
I can get this done at my local AAMCO tranny shop for about $95 including tax.

• Change engine oil and replace oil filter
I use a local oil change place who carries Motorcraft oil, etc. and changes my oil for about $30.

• Inspect and lubricate steering linkage, ball joints, suspension and, if equipped, half shafts drive shaft and u-joints.
Oil change place will lube this stuff.

• Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines and hoses, and parking brake system
Tire shop should do this when you rotate the tires (possibly small fee involved).

• Inspect complete exhaust system and heat shields.
Service Tech: "Yep, he's got an exhaust."

• Inspect engine cooling system and hoses.
I can see my hoses just fine. Also know how to add coolant.

• Inspect wheel ends for end play and noise.
Tire place can look at this when you get tires rotated?

• Perform multi-point inspection
Isn't that what they're doing already?

• Replace engine air filter.
Oooooohhhhh....hard work. Buy a $15 air filter from NAPA and do it in about 5 minutes.

• Replace fuel filter.
Again, oil change place will do this for me for about $25

• Rotate tires for optimal tire life
Free, with purchase of oil change. Usually costs less than $10 if you have to pay for it anyway. Ain't life grand?

Bottom line, if you shop around, you can get this done for half the price easily, at least I think so. Perhaps some will disagree. Anyway, good luck!!

Quick Reply: 30K Scheduled Service\Maintenance