SuperCrew

02 rattle in dash..help

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 rattle in dash..help

I have an '02 screw...i have a rattle in the dash...drivers side....sounds like it is coming from the defrost vent.....

took it to the shop....the ordered a part fixed it (supposedly)...well the rattle is back 3 days later....driving me nuts....has anyone experienced this problem...if so what was the cause and fix...any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 08-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Dash Rattle

I have an 03 Screw and have been experiencing a dash rattle coming from the the passenger side of the dashboard. It is prevalent when I get up to speed at about 50 mph or so. I think it has something to do with wind circulating in the dash or something. I have not had it checked out at the shop yet because they want you to leave it a for day. I will be off from work coming up and will have it checked then.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:25 PM
mine only occures when i hit bumps in the road

Old 09-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
It might be the window post trim at the bottom where is goes out toward the flat part of the dash top. They seem to be hanging in there and floating with no mounting on the ends.

Old 09-06-2004, 04:59 PM
I developed a rattle in the dash after installing electric radiator fans. Go figure, I didn't do anything under the dash!!

Appearantly when I did the fuse box under the hood part of the mod it loosened just enough to rattle. It sounded like a dash rattle and had me chasing my tail for about an hour. So I found the rattle put a rubber bushing underneath the fuse box and no more rattle.

The moral of the story is to check the engine compartment, you might be surprised how sound travels.

I even had a remote garage door opener in the overhead compartment sound like a dash rattle.

I hope this helps

Old 09-06-2004, 10:36 PM
I had a rattle in the dash of my 02 also, just about drove me crazy. I bought a bezel for the dash and while installing it found out the dealer broke a pin off the cluter while fixing a bad board, it was rolling around in there from time to time, threw it away and closed the dash back up, no more rattle!

FM

Quick Reply: 02 rattle in dash..help