SuperCrew

Well, it's been fun...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Well, it's been fun...

Just thought I'd drop you guys a note and let you know that I am no longer a part of the Screw Nation. A couple of weeks back, I traded in my 01 Screw for an 04 Tahoe Z71. It's awesome. I'm very happy with the purchase, but will miss the comradarie of this site. I'll pop in from time to time just to say hey. Thanks to all of you that helped me along the way.

As soon as my wife's lease is up (7/05) I hope to get a King Ranch Screw, but until then, I'll be Screwless

Anyway, I have some parts left from 'Big Red' and if you're interested let me know...

Stock Air Intake kit

4 Stock XLT 4X4 rims - excellent condition

Chat soon!

Old 09-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to see you go, but I hope you enjoy the new Tahoe. Hurry back and don't be a stranger.

Old 09-05-2004, 01:08 AM
Alright, always sad to see a Ford Man go, but what did it for you?
Why go Chevy? Been waiting to use this,

"Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust if it wasn't for Chevy's or Tools would rust" You had to expect that on a Ford Owner Site...

Best wishes with the new truck, I wish labor cost on no one, hope it does ya well, keep us posted!

Old 09-05-2004, 08:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to see another one go, but good luck with your new truck.
Hope you enjoy it as much as your SCrew.
Don't be a stranger, if nothing else the General Dis area would be perfect for you, offering an opinion from the "dark side"

Good luck

Old 09-05-2004, 10:11 AM
Why leave???

Well, we wanted a full size SUV. I love the Excursion, but it's out of my price range. When you compare the Expedition to the Tahoe it's a pretty simple decision. The only advantages of the Expy are the powerfold seats and the side impact air canopy. Other than that, the Tahoe has it pretty well beat. Exterior styling I would call a tie. I like the EB Expy. It's the interior that drove us towards the Chevy. The Expy is not nearly as comfortable to sit in and drive. It's like sitting in a Lay-Z-Boy and driving a Cadillac. Other features on the Tahoe I liked...XM, Onstar, Captains in the 2nd row, DVD and Sunroof combo.

Another big factor was that the dealer was giving $12,000 off sticker. He also gave me $1800 more for my truck than anyone else would. Tough deal to walk away from.

Old 09-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Why leave???

Originally posted by Wingnut33
...Another big factor was that the dealer was giving $12,000 off sticker. He also gave me $1800 more for my truck than anyone else would. Tough deal to walk away from.
Hard to argue with that one Wing. Best of luck with your new ride. I'm sure you all are going to love it. Please don't be a stranger... come back anytime.

RP

Old 09-07-2004, 10:32 AM
It's pretty common around here in my parts for a dealer to give you a little extra incentive to jump ships. Ford=>Chevy, Chevy=>Dodge, etc and vice versa. I went from Ford to Chevy and then back to Ford and got MUCH better deals switching "allegiance" than like brand to like brand. I guess they consider it a badge of honor to make you switch.

In July of '03 my wife and I both switched to Chevy. She got an '03 Trailblazer. I got an '03 Tahoe Z71. I liked the Expy better than the Tahoe, but like you switching brands created a deal I couldn't refuse. I will have to admit, I kinda like the Trailblazer better than the Explorer but only slightly and just cosmetics. Her Trailblazer has performed flawlessly and hasn't given an ounce of trouble. My wife doesn't have the strongest "skills" when it comes to driving and she controls the Trailblazer a little better too. My Tahoe gave a bit of trouble which resulted in a trade in February. I then had two Avalanches lemoned. The first in May and the second in July and then back to Ford. I have also not experienced any of the probs some have experienced with the 04 Screw. It has been flawless.

I say all that to say (LOL!) it's a crap shoot. Every manufacturer has it's good and bad apples. Gotta go with what ya like and make them fix it if it's wrong. They wouldn't have a service dept if all was perfect.

Brad

Quick Reply: Well, it's been fun...